Anniversary

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Anniversary

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   2 likes

One year ago today - July 7, 2011 - the old FLM went offline because nobody was able to renew the web host. FLM suddenly disappeared. I can't speak for anyone else, but that day I was frustrated and was sure it was gone forever - there isn't anything like it anywhere else on the web that I know of. I didn't consider trying to start it back up on my own - I still felt like a n00b and it seemed pointless to start over from scratch without the thousands of message threads and releases. It would have taken years - if ever - before it was as robust as before.

We were very very lucky mimzy was able to grab the public parts of the old board, including the message database and the member list, before it went down. Through lots of work, lots of time, and considerable technical expertise, he brought FLM back online in mid-August 2011 and we've been able to continue our sharing of childhood movies. He deserves a big round of applause.

:icon_idea2 :clap :icon_idea2 :clap :icon_idea2 :clap :icon_idea2 :clap :icon_idea2 :clap :icon_idea2

Many of the old regulars never found their way back and we miss them. FLM has been very fortunate that members such as starfish21, ptguardian, Arthorius, loverboy, popdrome, yokodreamer, Debaser, idler, kev, jezevex, lara, For An Angel, vidman49, katzenjammer, emuler, ldieguez_, jkecal and many others have contributed so much to bring FLM back to full strength. It's been a good year with hundreds of new releases and lots of activity. I want to thank everyone who's contributed, whether by releasing something, providing comments, or simply sharing on eMule.
ptguardian

Re: Anniversary

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

I concur MImzy kicked ass with his save and the site IMHO runs better with less technical problems and very rarely a spam bot/post. Mimzy has done a great job. :thumbsup :thumbsup

You O'Phuzzy one also deserve a big thumbs up for doing majority of the day to day work here. Big props to you my friend. :thumbsup :thumbsup

Cheers to everyone else that made it back and hope to be with you all to give cheers again next year.

Happy Anniversary
:icon_alc :icon_cool4
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

[Image]
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Good work by mimzy and the rest of the team of admins. Well done, all, and thanks. :icon_idea2 :icon_cool4
vidman49

Post by vidman49 »   0 likes

emuler wrote:Good work by mimzy and the rest of the team of admins. Well done, all, and thanks. :icon_idea2 :icon_cool4
I second that!!!! Thank you all so much - especially mimzy and the rest of the admins.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

I'm a shy guy and that's a bit too much attention for me :oops:

The new site would have run down quickly if it wasn't accepted and supported by members, so thanks to all members :thumbsup

Also thanks to admins for keeping the place tidy.

I can assure you that despite of occasional trolling as a regular user, I take my job as the board operator 100% seriously.
Quickone

Post by Quickone »   0 likes

:icon_idea2 :icon_idea2 :icon_idea2 :icon_idea2 :icon_idea2 :icon_idea2 :icon_idea2 :icon_idea2

Thanks Mimzy and others I was lost without this site!
liquidmagnet

Post by liquidmagnet »   0 likes

I'm thankful to those that put forth the effort to reserect ( damn, can't spell) the site. Took me a long time to refind the site and, to be honest, I can't remember how I found it, again. But thanks to those who made it happen.

liquidmagnet
Pardal2008

Post by Pardal2008 »   0 likes

I also join with my thanks to Mimzy and others .
Pardal
All the little girls are in love only to me
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:One year ago today - July 7, 2011 - the old FLM went offline because nobody was able to renew the web host. FLM suddenly disappeared. I can't speak for anyone else, but that day I was frustrated and was sure it was gone forever - there isn't anything like it anywhere else on the web that I know of. I didn't consider trying to start it back up on my own - I still felt like a n00b and it seemed pointless to start over from scratch without the thousands of message threads and releases. It would have taken years - if ever - before it was as robust as before.

We were very very lucky mimzy was able to grab the public parts of the old board, including the message database and the member list, before it went down. Through lots of work, lots of time, and considerable technical expertise, he brought FLM back online in mid-August 2011 and we've been able to continue our sharing of childhood movies. He deserves a big round of applause.

:icon_idea2 :clap :icon_idea2 :clap :icon_idea2 :clap :icon_idea2 :clap :icon_idea2 :clap :icon_idea2

Many of the old regulars never found their way back and we miss them. FLM has been very fortunate that members such as starfish21, ptguardian, Arthorius, loverboy, popdrome, yokodreamer, Debaser, idler, kev, jezevex, lara, For An Angel, vidman49, katzenjammer, emuler, ldieguez_, jkecal and many others have contributed so much to bring FLM back to full strength. It's been a good year with hundreds of new releases and lots of activity. I want to thank everyone who's contributed, whether by releasing something, providing comments, or simply sharing on eMule.
Here here :clap

I very much hope to see Ghost and Rich again :(