Rich

Re: [REL] The Coca-Cola Kid (1985)

Post by Rich »   0 likes

:wink:

*** moved ***
raisinhead

Post by raisinhead »   0 likes

best shower scene bought this movie a year ago... pretty good.
deadarise

Post by deadarise »   0 likes

I have this on DVD and its good movie! nice shower scene ;)
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088931/

Just realized that the director is the same guy who gave us Gorilla Bathes at Noon. :think :icon_1idiot :icon_biggrin2
emuler wrote:One of the weirdest movies I saw was a Russian block film "Gorilla Bathes at Noon". No gorilla, no one bathed, no time of day could be pinned down as being noon....the only amusing thing about it was when the main protagonist, a soldier, has a dream where the ghost of Lenin (not you ghost :) ) makes homosexual advances towards him. :) :icon_biggrin2
Btw. try searching for coca or cola. ;) Only coca-cola gives the desired result.
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

[Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   2 likes

DMZ!!!!!

576p download: https://ulozto.net/file/aMDhFTzymg9D/20 ... 42ZQZ5Mt==

576p streaming: https://tubitv.com/movies/466654/the-co ... start=true

And for the first time ever, coming May 31st to blu-ray from Vinegar Sydrome partner label Fun City Editions. Blu-ray details:
Spoiler:

When a small-town Australian soda maker refuses to convert his factory to Coca-Cola production, the parent company sends in its whiz kid “troubleshooter” Becker (Eric Roberts, The Pope of Greenwich Village and Star 80) to resolve the issue. The previously unflappable Becker, however, finds his own resolve challenged by Australia’s unique character and characters—namely Terri (Greta Scacci, The Player and White Mischief), his beautiful and very eccentric secretary, and McDowell (Bill Kerr, Gallipoli and Razorback), the stubbornly independent soft drink entrepreneur. Serbian auteur Dušan Makavejev (Montenegro and W.R.: Mysteries of the Organism) brings his celebrated off-kilter and boundary-pushing sensibilities to this classic screwball comic set-up, so that the narrative remains refreshingly unpredictable, unconventional and subversive throughout.

Becker, Terri and McDowell originate in the short stories of award-winning Australian writer Frank Moorhouse, who adapted them for the film’s screenplay. The film’s attractive primary locations—cosmopolitan Sydney and the stunning Blue Mountains region—are stylishly shot by Mad Max cinematographer Dean Semler. The original songs, including the incredibly catchy “Coca-Cola Jingle,” come from Tim Finn, founding member of popular New Zealand rock band Split Enz. For this worldwide Blu-ray premiere, The Coca-Cola Kid has been restored in 2K from its 35mm interpositive.

directed by: Dusan Makavejev
starring: Eric Roberts, Greta Scacchi, Bill Kerr, Chris Haywood, Max Gillies
1985 / 98 min / 1.85:1 / English DTS-HD MA 2.0

Additional info:

Region A Blu-ray
New 2K restoration from its 35mm interpositive
Theatrical trailer
Booklet with a new essay by Spike Carter
Newly recorded audio commentary by film programmer Lars Nilsen and Fun City Editions' Jonathan Hertzberg
“Dark and Bubbly,” a newly filmed video interview with star Eric Roberts
“The Real Thing,” an archival video interview with star Greta Scacchi and producer David Roe
Image Gallery
English SDH subtitles
Akaba

Post by Akaba »   0 likes

Thank you
Infinity

Post by Infinity »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:12 am DMZ!!!!!

576p download: https://ulozto.net/file/aMDhFTzymg9D/20 ... 42ZQZ5Mt==

576p streaming: https://tubitv.com/movies/466654/the-co ... start=true

And for the first time ever, coming May 31st to blu-ray from Vinegar Sydrome partner label Fun City Editions. Blu-ray details:
Spoiler:

When a small-town Australian soda maker refuses to convert his factory to Coca-Cola production, the parent company sends in its whiz kid “troubleshooter” Becker (Eric Roberts, The Pope of Greenwich Village and Star 80) to resolve the issue. The previously unflappable Becker, however, finds his own resolve challenged by Australia’s unique character and characters—namely Terri (Greta Scacci, The Player and White Mischief), his beautiful and very eccentric secretary, and McDowell (Bill Kerr, Gallipoli and Razorback), the stubbornly independent soft drink entrepreneur. Serbian auteur Dušan Makavejev (Montenegro and W.R.: Mysteries of the Organism) brings his celebrated off-kilter and boundary-pushing sensibilities to this classic screwball comic set-up, so that the narrative remains refreshingly unpredictable, unconventional and subversive throughout.

Becker, Terri and McDowell originate in the short stories of award-winning Australian writer Frank Moorhouse, who adapted them for the film’s screenplay. The film’s attractive primary locations—cosmopolitan Sydney and the stunning Blue Mountains region—are stylishly shot by Mad Max cinematographer Dean Semler. The original songs, including the incredibly catchy “Coca-Cola Jingle,” come from Tim Finn, founding member of popular New Zealand rock band Split Enz. For this worldwide Blu-ray premiere, The Coca-Cola Kid has been restored in 2K from its 35mm interpositive.

directed by: Dusan Makavejev
starring: Eric Roberts, Greta Scacchi, Bill Kerr, Chris Haywood, Max Gillies
1985 / 98 min / 1.85:1 / English DTS-HD MA 2.0

Additional info:

Region A Blu-ray
New 2K restoration from its 35mm interpositive
Theatrical trailer
Booklet with a new essay by Spike Carter
Newly recorded audio commentary by film programmer Lars Nilsen and Fun City Editions' Jonathan Hertzberg
“Dark and Bubbly,” a newly filmed video interview with star Eric Roberts
“The Real Thing,” an archival video interview with star Greta Scacchi and producer David Roe
Image Gallery
English SDH subtitles
What a great little movie, thanks for sharing! I've been wanting to get my hands on it for a while since I do like blondes! :D
[Image]
Kym Karath is pretty stinkin' cute, read about my favourite 1960s child actress!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Infinity wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:10 amWhat a great little movie, thanks for sharing! I've been wanting to get my hands on it for a while, since I do like blondes! :D
I became a fan of the adorable young Rebecca Smart thanks to this one. She is not in it nearly as much as I would like. We have to put up with long scenes involving Eric Roberts and Greta Scacchi. Ah well, they can be amusing too.

16 days after website-exclusive release date and I am still waiting for my damn pre-ordered Blu-ray. Meanwhile, I discovered that torrents were posted of blu-ray rips FIVE DAYS BEFORE that release date! :evil:

I will be posting one of those 1080p blu-ray rips on emule after watching it to verify correctness. Stay tuned!