[REL] Muidhond AKA Tench (2019)

ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Muidhond AKA Tench (2019)

Post by ghost »   2 likes

Someone asked again fot the English subtitles.

I add them as attachment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pistachio

Post by pistachio »   0 likes

I just saw this film and was so impacted by it I felt like registering. :lol:
kev wrote:I just felt HIS character was plain weird. I could not work up any empathy for him and the angst he was going through. (And I can really RELATE to what he was going through...)
This.

What the hell is his problem? He gets acquitted of a crime he obviously committed. Then, as if that just isn't awesome enough, God bestows upon him the dreamiest 9yo you will ever see in a film.

Fuck that guy.

Strangely enough this is not even a bad movie, it's just this one aspect of it is bugging the hell out of me.
kev wrote:If for nothing else, mostly due to the presence of Julia Brown. I would have been her BESTEST BFF friend EVER!!!! :heart Most of all, I would have done anything I could to make her laugh and smile. :heart :heart :heart
Agreed tenfold. <3

I really wanted to see more of this girl. Sadly this is her only film. :(
lildrm

Post by lildrm »   1 likes

For me, he was perfectly understandable character. Except for the end (his "failure" at night and then "the socially unacceptable behaviour at the factory") I could actually relate to his feelings. Obviously, the problems he was stuggling with were a bit exaggerated for the movie, but I know few people personally who struggle quite the same way as him.

I think the filmmakers wanted to show the main character in a way the better (less idiotic) part of majority see pedophiles, and I think they achieved the goal quite well. Wanting them to avoid unnecessary prejudices would probably be too much to ask.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

This movie did not seek to romanticize pederasty but to show how resocialization should be but at the same time the temptation to cross, at the end her friend deserved to know who her friend really was.
pistachio

Post by pistachio »   1 likes

lildrm wrote:For me, he was perfectly understandable character. Except for the end (his "failure" at night and then "the socially unacceptable behaviour at the factory") I could actually relate to his feelings.
I would be grateful. And the film did portray him that way, but only after a certain point - when he was finally getting comfortable around his new friend, so much so that they became emotionally dependent on each other.

That, I liked. That's what made this movie work.

The cliché molestation scene was ridiculous. Look out, he's turning into a werewolf!
Sully23 wrote:This movie did not seek to romanticize pederasty but to show how resocialization should be but at the same time the temptation to cross, at the end her friend deserved to know who her friend really was.
It showed how resocialization shouldn't be, and it was right. But if I were him I would just go through the hoops and make people happy while giving them a big fuck you behind their backs, while staying within the law.

That's what bothers me about this movie. This cliché idea that he's some kind of ticking time bomb, and he's so convinced of it himself that he can't just enjoy what life gives him.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

I would like to know your opinion about this series https://www.first-loves.com/forums/view ... 8&start=20 with a very similar but more controversial theme.
pistachio

Post by pistachio »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote:I would like to know your opinion about this series https://www.first-loves.com/forums/view ... 8&start=20 with a very similar but more controversial theme.
Never seen that one, but I'll add that to my queue. Except for the guy not being a past convict it does look similar.

Here's Julia Brown, just because. :D

[Image]

I would turn into a "monster" and kiss her boo-boo. <3
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Oh this looks like a really neat movie. Inherently I tend to deeply enjoy the age different friendship stories and characters. I saw the movie The Woodsman getting tossed around a bit. I did love that movie and how it handled its character and the subject matter. Thanks to Mr. charn for uploading the dvd and thanks to Sir ghost for the upscale! And thanks to everyone who shared their opinion and recommendation for the movie.

And kev, thank you for giving your honest opinion about it as well. I honestly tried to avoid reading too much about the movie because I already know I'm interested in watching it. But it's nice to keep the old expectations in check. That said, this is going right into the queue!
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   1 likes

pillowbaker wrote:...And kev, thank you for giving your honest opinion about it as well. I honestly tried to avoid reading too much about the movie because I already know I'm interested in watching it...
Yikes!! :shock:

I hope I didn't come across as trying to dissuade other members from watching this movie.... Far from it! This was one of those movies that I had high expectations for and I was left a bit disappointed after viewing it.

But I most definitely think other's should watch this movie; ESPECIALLY those who enjoy movies featuring the child/adult themes...

I think I'm sorta like you in the sense that I do better going into a film not knowing much more than the preliminary synopsis. Sometimes not even that; I just know that there's a cute kid involved that makes the movie worth rolling the dice for me... (Although recently I went into 'Hatching' knowing a good bit about the film and then went to 'Petit Maman' knowing virtually nothing more that what I wrote above: The movie had a cute girl in it... As you already know from my gushing posts on those movie threads: I loved them both!! :heart :heart) Go figure... :think :P

Anyway I've gone back and 'spoiler'-ized my other post so other's won't be given TMI on this movie.

ALSO, pillowbaker, I don't know if you're familiar with this other particular French film, but seeing as you haven't posted in it's thread, I'd like to give you a recommendation: Embrasse-moi AKA Kiss Me (1989) viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2557&hilit=embrasse+moi

It's a coming of age film where an angst-ridden, budding girl meets a man and it actually doesn't end on a supremely depressing note.. :lol: Well worth a view if you haven't seen it yet. Sophie Rochut [I don't know why I linked to imdb as this was her ONLY film.. :icon_frown2 ] is a JOY to watch and I'm sure she'll wrap you around her finger as she did me... :heart :heart

Anyway I hope you enjoy 'Muidhond' and check out 'Embrasse Moi' if you haven't already seen it.. ;)

kev.
cabraass

Post by cabraass »   1 likes

has enyone read the book? i currently reading it, so far i´ve liked it, it describes those feelings perfectly