[Image]

[Image]

Any more info out there? :think

kev
Site Admin

Re: [REQ] Jana (2001)

Post by kev »   0 likes

I'm in love! :heart

Looks like a coolio movie, I'm checking for the DVD now...

Thanks for the heads up on this one Rich..

kev.
sprocket

Post by sprocket »   0 likes

kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Thanks sproket. Actually the pix that Rich used came from this site. Here's the write-up/synopsis they use:
Jana is a young girl in a world full of adults. She wants to know what will happen to her grandmother in hospital but gets no answers to her questions.

She than discovers a man whose wife is in a coma. He does not know how to handle the situation.

To Jana his situation is similar to hers and she decides to follow the man. He can't resist to her innocent directness and gives himself to her questions and his emotions.
Here is also a personal note that director Joke Liberge writes:
Toilsome verbal communication, the loss of a loved one and a child being forgotten.

By handling difficult events in a down-to-earth and distant manner, it is easy to hide the things that touch you in those events.

Meeting for instance a loved one or a child can make those hidden feelings re-emerge. That is usually the moment when running away no longer makes sense.

I have wanted the story to be very 'Dutch' and 'Calvinistic', without implying a direct judgement and without doubting its universal character.

What I did want to show was a certain way of acting, the way I sense it in places surrounding me, of which I sincerely think that they can sometimes cause a lot of harm, probably without us being aware of it.
Too bad the 'Clip' doesn't work... :(

Here's the IMDB link too, but it's really not a lot of help:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0308429/

There's another movie featured there that looks very interesting; 'Meander', where the clip DOES work... I'm going to release the request for that movie along with a place to buy the dvd it's featured in. :bigups

kev.