[REL] Flora & Ulysses (2021)

Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   1 likes

MV5BNDQwMTY3ZmUtODNiNS00NjEyLWFhYzUtYTdiYjk2NTRmMTU3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1016_.jpg
About the Movie:
“Flora & Ulysses” is a delightful comedy-adventure based on the Newbery Award-winning book about 10-year-old Flora, an avid comic book fan and a self-avowed cynic, whose parents have recently separated. After rescuing a squirrel she names Ulysses, Flora is amazed to discover he possesses unique superhero powers which take them on an adventure of humorous complications that ultimately change Flora's life--and her outlook--forever.
Source: Disney+

Personal Comment:
I can't remember ever seeing a movie with a squirrel as one of the main characters and then with superpowers too... A great imaginative idea and entertaining to watch too.
Also nice that Disney once again jumps over its shadows and breaks certain role clichés a little further. A girl who passionately (if rather secretly) reads comics with superheroes, a welcome change.

Girl in the Movie:
Matilda Lawler as Flora

And some Screencaps:
g_floraandulysses_image01_v2_20756_f98591fa.jpg
g_floraandulysses_image02_v2_20756_62a90b9b.jpg
g_floraandulysses_image03_v2_20756_aca159d3.jpg
IMDB
Available only on Disney+ (International)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REQ] Flora & Ulysses (2021)

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Nasuada wrote:I can't remember ever seeing a movie with a squirrel as one of the main characters and then with superpowers too... A great imaginative idea and entertaining to watch too.

This is what comes of the legalization of marijuana in California. Now EVERYONE is using it, and some of them just can't handle it. :D

JUST KIDDING! I think it's a cute and crazy idea.

The superpower part is new, but I did not have to think hard to remember the role a squirrel played in [REL] Rocca verändert die Welt (2019). I guess that was more of a supporting role. Do you think they got the same squirrel actor for this new movie? ;)

This is probably part of a plan by Disney to prepare people for a live-action Marvel Squirrel Girl movie. Then they will do a crossover where Ulysses teams up with Doreen (Squirrel Girl). And since Squirrel Girl has razor-sharp claws and retractable knuckle spikes, they will have to put her in a movie with X-23 / Laura.
emuler

Post by emuler »   5 likes

This is the one I have. (Warning: I haven't watched it yet, but seems legit). Might be too big for some of our members, though.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [5.02 Gb]
Nasuada

Re: [REQ] Flora & Ulysses (2021)

Post by Nasuada »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:
The superpower part is new, but I did not have to think hard to remember the role a squirrel played in [REL] Rocca verändert die Welt (2019). I guess that was more of a supporting role. Do you think they got the same squirrel actor for this new movie? ;)

This is probably part of a plan by Disney to prepare people for a live-action Marvel Squirrel Girl movie. Then they will do a crossover where Ulysses teams up with Doreen (Squirrel Girl). And since Squirrel Girl has razor-sharp claws and retractable knuckle spikes, they will have to put her in a movie with X-23 / Laura.
First... Well, if it's the same Squirl, it start with a great carrier now. Let us follow that little pet for upcomming movies.

Second... I never hear from the Squirl Girl, but well... I'm 100% sure that you will be right with that.
Ever since Disney bought up Marvel Studios or the rights to StarWars, they've been cannibalizing this universe down to the very last drop. The fact that children are already confronted with the Marvel universe at an early age is really clever from a marketing point of view.
When I saw the film, I also thought for a short moment of that parallel to Marvel because of the comics and Disney, but then quickly discarded it. But the anchor was there and you manifest it now once again with your comment.
Disney is clever and with such a cornerstone you build the next loyal audience. We remember only too gladly media heroes from our childhood and if then now in 10-13 years the "Squirl Girl" in its own blockbuster comes on the screen, then one remembers at that time... Where this small squirrel had its former entrance.
[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Flora & Ulysses (2021)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Honestly, I actually had not heard of Squirrel Girl before. Not enough of a comic fan for something that I guess is obscure -- I just found it when I Google Searched "squirrel superhero" out of curiosity! And naturally since I know how Disney works (as you explain so well) and what franchises they own, I could easily imagine what might happen.