[REL] My Spy (2020) USA

kev
Site Admin

[REL] My Spy (2020) USA

Post by kev »   2 likes

My Spy (2020)

Synopsis:
MY SPY follows JJ a hardened CIA operative (Dave Bautista) who has been demoted and finds himself at the mercy of a precocious 9-year-old girl, named Sophie (Chloe Coleman) where he has been sent undercover begrudgingly to surveil her family. When Sophie discovers hidden cameras in her apartment, she uses her tech savviness to locate where the surveillance operation is set. In exchange for not blowing JJ’s cover Sophie convinces him to spend time with her and teach her to be a spy. Despite his reluctance JJ finds he is no match for Sophie’s disarming charm and wit.
Trailer:

Pix:
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

Official site:
http://www.stxfilms.com/myspy/#section_639

Chloe Coleman who plays the role of 'Sophie', has a pretty impressive resume' for a 10-11 year old.. :shock:

Looks like fun..:)

kev.
Sully23

Re: [REQ] My Spy (2020) USA

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Batista? (Bautista when he was a fighter) doing the Vin diesel and the Rock thing when they got tired of doing rough papers, I'm surprised it's not Disney's idea :lol:
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Hey; just popped up on uloz:

https://ulozto.cz/file/IyyQjKNHIWvE/my- ... nglish-mkv

It's a big 6 GB file. I'm sure the movie's not worth that much space, but for a grab, watch and trash, it's probably worth it... :)

It's probably also out other places as smaller files... :think

kev.
Quickone

Post by Quickone »   0 likes

Watching it on my on demand service now. My review after.
Pardal2008

Post by Pardal2008 »   0 likes

kev wrote:Hey; just popped up on uloz:

https://ulozto.cz/file/IyyQjKNHIWvE/my- ... nglish-mkv

It's a big 6 GB file. I'm sure the movie's not worth that much space, but for a grab, watch and trash, it's probably worth it... :)

It's probably also out other places as smaller files... :think

kev.
Deleted.

Now
https://uloz.to/file/fDmZFi87GOuL/akcni ... -titcz-mp4
2GB
All the little girls are in love only to me
Quickone

I think it cost $5.00 to make. I stopped it not even half way through, never went back.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Quickone wrote:I think it cost $5.00 to make. I stopped it not even half way through, never went back.
Well you're wrong Quickone; obviously being a straight-by-the-numbers Hollywood production it cost WELL over that to make. ;)

I understand your sentiment, but honestly I didn't think it was that shoddy.

It IS pretty much the pandering crapolla that you'd expect a Hollywood studio to release; the standard sassy kid, the adults that constantly underestimate her, the big climactic event that brings everyone together and the sassy kid realizes she can't do it all on her own and the adults come to understand that kids are worthy of respect...

As much as I despise the continuing trend of athletes being re-branded into action or comedy stars [seriously, those are the only roles they can halfway act their way through {horror films being a possible exception, Roddy Piper in 'They Live' being the only one that comes to mind}], I thought the little girl, Chloe Coleman held her own, and she carried me through to the end of the film. And she's got an impressive little resume, to boot. :heart :heart

I wasn't expecting much and I found it a pleasant diversion for an hour and a half.

It worked for me. And I think members that can palate the generic pablum that Hollywood oozes out will find a few humorous moments to make it worth their while to watch. :)

kev.
Quickone

Well you're wrong Quickone; obviously being a straight-by-the-numbers Hollywood production it cost WELL over that to make.
I was being sarcastic. I know what it cost.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   1 likes

Quickone wrote:
Well you're wrong Quickone; obviously being a straight-by-the-numbers Hollywood production it cost WELL over that to make.
I was being sarcastic. I know what it cost.
Sorry you felt insulted, Quickone. :shock:

Actually, so was I.. (Being sorta sarcastic...) Hence I added ' ;) ', the little ironic winkie eye. (Which I just noticed you left off your qoute.. :think ) I thought it was an obvious joke... :roll:

However I DIDN'T think 'My Spy' was the stinker you seemed to feel it was. (Stopping the film partway through and not having any desire to finish it.) I agree it was not an academy award winner, but I was entertained and enjoyed watching Chloe Coleman for the duration of the film.

THAT was my main intention for posting: To give a more positive review of the film having watched the entire movie.

Sorry, again..

kev.
was
After this wrangling, I got curious and discovered:

'My Spy' Budget, $18 million. || 'My Spy' Box office, $4.8 million :o Which, in 'Box Office' terms, would be considered a flop. :!:

It was planned to be a series... We'll see if they decide to sink more money into this mediocre franchise.. :think (Plus as Chloe was 9 years old at the start of filming: She's aging out of 'cuteness' by the day... ) :shock: :lol:

kev.
Night457
Global Moderator

[REL] My Spy (2020) USA

Post by Night457 »   11 likes

I have been given fair warning that this is probably a dumb movie, but I don't care. I'll watch it anyway.

Dave Bautista has the muscles, but he just is not gorgeous like Dwayne Johnson. Sorry. Still, the girl is cute.

Found on eMule in a compact fast-downloading file.

1080p English audio with optional regular English subtitles and English SDH:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.83 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [107.8 Kb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [120.3 Kb]