[REL] Miss Entebbe (2003) [Israel]

Rich

[REL] Miss Entebbe (2003) [Israel]

Post by Rich »   0 likes

Miss Entebbe (2003)

OK, this is another Israeli movie that i think would be worth watching :)

Not available on eMule yet though :(

[Image]

see:

http://www.cinephil.co.il/Content/Artic ... bjectId=84

Rich :)
Rich

Re: [REQ] Miss Entebbe (2003) [Israel]

Post by Rich »   0 likes

- BUMP -
I saw this film at the Jewish film festival in my hometown and I thought it was just great! It is a small and moving film set in the 1970's in Israel, and it tells a story about a friendship between a naive 12-year-old Israeli girl and an Arab boy who works with his father as the building cleaners. It is actually a small metaphor about the conflict between the two peoples in Israel, but what touched me most was the story of Noa and her mother. It really reminded me about how painful growing up could be, regardless to the place or time you live in. Meirv Avrahami - up to now an unknown face, does a brilliant job in portraying Noa. So rarely do you see a film (and I see at least 1-2 a week)with such a performance by an actor, not mentioning she is just 12-year old... She will break your heart - and then make you want to go home and hug your kids as strong as you can.. trust me on that... The bottom line is: it is a great and moving film! It made me think about it many days after I saw it. If you get a chance to see it - don't miss it! Barbara Stein
http://imdb.com/title/tt0359700/
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

Anyone in Israel on October 17th?? :think

http://www.jewishcincinnati.org/page.ht ... eID=155139

Just kidding, Bump! :)
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

CVMC wrote:Noa won’t forget the summer of 1976... It all began when a Palestinian commando hijacked an airplane on which the mother of a neighbour’s son was a passenger. Twelve-year-old Noa and her friends decide to take things in hand. Discovering her father’s submachine gun in the linen cupboard, the children hatch a plot designed to free the hostages. They kidnap a Palestinian boy from the nearby neighbourhood and make their demands to the President, to free the hostages on the plane.

The situation soon escalates out of control, and on top of the situation Noa discovers her father has a mistress. While the Palestinian boy’s father and his Jewish friends search the city high and low for his son, Noa and the four children stay in hiding with their hostage. In the meantime, the Entebbe hijackers’ ultimatum is slowly running out. What really confuses this energetic girl, however, is that the boy they have kidnapped is really nice.

Set against the backdrop of the hijacking of a passenger jet in Entebbe on 27. 6. 1976, the film tells a very personal story of daily life during these turbulant times. Director Omri Levy's first film.
so now available through CVMC!!

http://www.cvmc.net/movie.jsp?movie_id=3997

:cool
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Miss Entebbe (2003) [Israel]

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks Warg, although it looks like a 100% boy movie to me... :roll:
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

ghost wrote:Thanks Warg, although it looks like a 100% boy movie to me... :roll:
The "boy" in the turqoise t-shirt is a girl ... can it be you missed that fact? :? :lol:
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Warg wrote:
ghost wrote:Thanks Warg, although it looks like a 100% boy movie to me... :roll:
The "boy" in the turqoise t-shirt is a girl ... can it be you missed that fact? :? :lol:
:oops: :oops: :oops:
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

:icon_cool4 :icon_biggrin2