Step-by-Step eMule Setup

Post any eMule-related questions and FAQ's here.
User avatar
ghost
Site Admin
Posts: 5603
Likes:
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:00 am

Re: Step-by-Step eMule Setup

Postby ghost » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:32 pm  0 likes

1. Your link is broken.


I'm sorry. I just wanted to write

Code: Select all

www
:oops:
User avatar
Night457
Posts: 1032
Likes:
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:44 pm

Re: Step-by-Step eMule Setup

Postby Night457 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:55 pm  0 likes

ghost wrote:You guys really still use anti virus software like kaspersky? It just slowens your system and is for no use anymore these days. Windows Defender has become really strong.

I used to use Kaspersky on my old computer and liked it. Some years ago when it died and I got my 'new' computer (which is now old) I had an unopened package of another year of Kaspersky, and no dvd-drive, and slow internet. I may have even still been on dial-up then, I am not sure. I decided to try just using WIndows Defender. I was so daring then, and no longer afraid of virus attacks.

As far as I can remember I have not had virus problems since, and as far as I know I am not part of a botnet. I AM experiencing some bizarre issues currently that (coincidentally?) started with using high-speed internet and the VPN. I have not figured out if it is due to either of those, a virus, my computer malfunctioning, or Windows 8.1 has now gone senile.

emuler wrote:2. It is not easy to configure Windows firewall. It is a fantastic firewall, no doubt, but you need system administrator level skills to do anything more than basic configurations. Not everyone has skills like mimzy.

:lol:
I hear you! I had to check to see if I even had Windows firewall turned on! (I do.) Fortunately I have not had to do any strange configurations with it, as I am certain it would exasperate me.
Rustyh
Posts: 3
Likes:
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:28 pm

Re: Step-by-Step eMule Setup

Postby Rustyh » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:42 pm  0 likes

Is there a version of emule for Android or smart phone
User avatar
Nasuada
Posts: 257
Likes:
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:05 pm

Re: Step-by-Step eMule Setup

Postby Nasuada » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:34 pm  0 likes

Rustyh wrote:Is there a version of emule for Android or smart phone


I donÄt using Android but I found that one over google: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... l=en&gl=US and they wrote, you can download stuff, but can't share.
For iOS there is nothing.
mexlink
Posts: 29
Likes:
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:59 pm

Re: Step-by-Step eMule Setup

Postby mexlink » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:07 am  0 likes

Hi, I'm very new here. How since both links for the ipfilter.dat and nodes.dat links in the instruction are gone, I tried to download them directly from the emule homepage. What should I do with the downloaded files?
User avatar
Night457
Posts: 1032
Likes:
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:44 pm

Re: Step-by-Step eMule Setup

Postby Night457 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:42 pm  0 likes

mexlink wrote:Hi, I'm very new here. How since both links for the ipfilter.dat and nodes.dat links in the instruction are gone, I tried to download them directly from the emule homepage. What should I do with the downloaded files?

Whaaat? OK, I have read your other posts and realize you are having problems with eMule. I am not sure where in the process you posted this. I will tell you what little I know:

The .dat files SHOULD be generated automatically when you install and run emule. I must assume something went wrong with that, and that is why you downloaded them directly from the emule homepage. Right?

Looking at my installation of eMule, I have the files "AC_IPFilterUpdateURLs.dat" and "nodes.dat" installed in my "config" folder. Specifically in:

Code: Select all

c:\Program Files\eMule\config
Naturally, this will vary depending on what folder you installed eMule in. The "AC_IPFilterUpdateURLs.dat" file looks like it dates back several months, perhaps to my last re-install. The "nodes.dat" file is up-to-date, which means it updates live as I use eMule.

I don't know if this is any help. If you are trying to construct a working eMule file-by-file, I hope you have some idea of what you are doing. Good luck.
mexlink
Posts: 29
Likes:
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:59 pm

Re: Step-by-Step eMule Setup

Postby mexlink » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:16 pm  0 likes

Night457 wrote:
mexlink wrote:Hi, I'm very new here. How since both links for the ipfilter.dat and nodes.dat links in the instruction are gone, I tried to download them directly from the emule homepage. What should I do with the downloaded files?

Whaaat? OK, I have read your other posts and realize you are having problems with eMule. I am not sure where in the process you posted this. I will tell you what little I know:

The .dat files SHOULD be generated automatically when you install and run emule. I must assume something went wrong with that, and that is why you downloaded them directly from the emule homepage. Right?

Looking at my installation of eMule, I have the files "AC_IPFilterUpdateURLs.dat" and "nodes.dat" installed in my "config" folder. Specifically in:

Code: Select all

c:\Program Files\eMule\config
Naturally, this will vary depending on what folder you installed eMule in. The "AC_IPFilterUpdateURLs.dat" file looks like it dates back several months, perhaps to my last re-install. The "nodes.dat" file is up-to-date, which means it updates live as I use eMule.

I don't know if this is any help. If you are trying to construct a working eMule file-by-file, I hope you have some idea of what you are doing. Good luck.


Thank you very much for your help. This is my first time using (and heard of) eMule. Because all the links listed in the step-by-step guide don't work anymore, I've searched online for working ones. I was able to find the .met url for eMule servers (though there aren't that many in the list), the nodes.dat I've found are all ddl files, not url where I can bootstrap from. That's why I'm asking how to manually add it. If possible, can you tell me the url where you bootstrap your .dat from?
User avatar
ghost
Site Admin
Posts: 5603
Likes:
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:00 am

Re: Step-by-Step eMule Setup

Postby ghost » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:24 am  0 likes

Normally all you have to do is to download eMule and start the emule.exe (http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/ ... m=download).

I never had to add manually any files to the .config folder.

So what's your problem in detail?
mexlink
Posts: 29
Likes:
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:59 pm

Re: Step-by-Step eMule Setup

Postby mexlink » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:01 am  0 likes

ghost wrote:Normally all you have to do is to download eMule and start the emule.exe (http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/ ... m=download).

I never had to add manually any files to the .config folder.

So what's your problem in detail?


So I was following the instructions through the step-by-step guide; however, when I tried to load the link provided for blacklist servers (bluetack.co.uk), I get a "failure to receive a valid http response" error. I tried to find other links for blacklist servers, but all of them only offer ddl of the file, not links I can directly load from. Are there other alternatives for bluetack?

Another problem is that I keep failure port check, even though I've configured the firewall and port-forwarding using microsoft edge. Therefore I'm getting low-ids, and can't connect to any servers beside sharing-devils. So I must have done something wrong, but I can't figure out what.
User avatar
ghost
Site Admin
Posts: 5603
Likes:
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:00 am

Re: Step-by-Step eMule Setup

Postby ghost » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:29 am  0 likes

This setup guide has been written many years ago, so some links a certainly dead today :)

I think, you mean the ipfilter.dat. I recommand http://www.emule-security.org. ( https://www.emule-security.org/e107_plu ... ?0.cat.2.1 ). Also for updating your server list.

Another problem is that I keep failure port check, even though I've configured the firewall and port-forwarding using microsoft edge. Therefore I'm getting low-ids, and can't connect to any servers beside sharing-devils. So I must have done something wrong, but I can't figure out what.


You have to open/forward the TCP and UDP ports in the settings of your router. I don't understand how you can do this in Microsoft Edge...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest