Step-by-Step eMule Setup

Post any eMule-related questions and FAQ's here.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: Step-by-Step eMule Setup

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Warg wrote:
Terrysherry wrote:What's SOL, BTW?
According to Wikipedia it means "shit, out of luck". I didn't know Phuzzy4242 is such a hippster but, hey, YOLO ... :lol:
Why not getting yourself a proper internet connection? Many companies offer cheap flatrates ... ;)
Hipster? :lol:
Terrysherry

Post by Terrysherry »   0 likes

Warg wrote: Why not getting yourself a proper internet connection? Many companies offer cheap flatrates ... ;)
I got it but it's shared.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

Terrysherry wrote:
Warg wrote: Why not getting yourself a proper internet connection? Many companies offer cheap flatrates ... ;)
I got it but it's shared.
Opening those ports won't affect anyone else on your shared Internet and you can throttle eMule to use only part of the bandwidth so other people can use the internet at the same time. Until I got fiber to my house (75Mb) I was on DSL (1.2Mb) so I had to throttle eMule to (20KB).
Pardal2008

Post by Pardal2008 »   1 likes

Thank you Phuzzy4242
It helped me a lot.
All the little girls are in love only to me
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Hard to believe that was written 9 years ago. :D
Pardal2008

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Hard to believe that was written 9 years ago. :D
Yes I know. :lol: :lol: :lol: Were different, higher priorities. And I was also lazy :D
But sometimes I checked you here. What's new.
I think everyone likes to come back here. This forum has been here for so long time and still works.
Thanks a lot to everyone for your work here :clap :clap :clap
Pardal2008

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Hard to believe that was written 9 years ago. :D
And I think your contribution is still up to date, and there are many recent questions and answers
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   1 likes

Thanks for the manual. I do my best to set it up and it looks like that it works for me too now. Only the blacklist (as someone say before) is outdated and not working anymore.

And just a Info for Mac Users... It looks like that there is no running version of eMule (or alternative clients) are available for newer Systems like Catalina (or higher for the future). So my solution was, to install eMule under Parallels with an emulated Windows. But keep an eye around the port forwarding part, because Parallels using a different IP Adress and you need to setup the port's for that one. If you using a FritzBox pls. also note, that you can only set the TCP Port to the virtual machine. When you try to set the UDP port, it will be automatically moved to the main computer. So that's correct and will work.
[Image]
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Thanks for that info, Nasuada. I know there are several Mac users who thought using eMule was no longer possible.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Terrysherry wrote: What if I connect with smartphone hotspot?
Phuzzy4242 wrote: Then you're probably SOL because your phone provider would have to open those ports for you and they probably won't. Without those ports, you'll never get HighID which means file transfers will crawl. Also, eMule depends on being online continuously, especially if you can only get LowID - not doable with a smartphone. Your client has to constantly check in with a server to mediate all file transfers, and will automatically be given a lower priority if you're not online much. Sorry, but you may have better luck with BitTorrent - eMule will probably work, but it isn't going to work well.
This is exactly the situation I'm in right now. If it is a very popular, medium sized file with dozens of sources, I can get it. Otherwise it is very frustrating. Add to this ISP issues like traffic shaping, and random IP address every few hours ... you get the picture. :bigups :wall :icon_1idiot