[REL] Case 39 (2008)

loverboy

Re: [REL] Case 39 (2008)

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Thanks quickone, billanben & everyone else for finally getting this to us.
This is starting to crop up everywhere........there's a multi-language/sub DVD9 now available on usenet that would probably make a good upgrade :think .......

lb
Quickone

Post by Quickone »   0 likes

Thanks quickone, billanben & everyone else for finally getting this to us.
This is starting to crop up everywhere........there's a multi-language/sub DVD9 now available on usenet that would probably make a good upgrade eusa_think.gif .......

lb
I'd only go for the DVD9 if it has extra scenes in.Rather big Download for me. Does it anyone know?.
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

I wasn't suggesting releasing a DVD9 on EM, simply that it could be the source for say, a 2CD size upgrade for those with newsgroup access. I shudder to think how long it would take to download nearly 8gb from a single source using eMule :think

lb
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Ask me; I know. :bigups It took me over 6 weeks to download an 11GB 1080p BDrip which had just 7 sources. :wall Fortunately, people who tend to download and share big files have good speeds. :cool
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Just made this up if anyone is interested:

[Image]

I'm getting a little disappointed in my scanner.. The scans don't seem to be sharp and crisp anymore.. :think

Anyway, I'm surprised this film has had so much trouble getting distributed.. It's not really all that bad, AND I think it's one of Jodelle's best roles. She's not really that much of an actress, but she really held her own here. :onfire

kev.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

thanks quickone

i forgot about this one. several good rips out now. :cool

:)
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

kev wrote:Thanks, quickone. FINALLY an English version of this AMERICAN movie!!!! :wall

Jodelle seems to have the crappiest luck making movies that studios don't seem to want to distribute... :eyecrazy
Opening in US theaters (finally!) October 1 (saw a TV ad)... here's a chance to see her on a big screen, kev!

This reminds me of "Within" and some of Chloe Moretz's films, in that they sat on the shelf for a couple of years, so that their release is like a time capsule. By now we've seen the girl older, but it was filmed when she was younger and closer to when we became fans. :heart
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

FLL wrote:Opening in US theaters (finally!) October 1 (saw a TV ad)... here's a chance to see her on a big screen, kev!

This reminds me of "Within" and some of Chloe Moretz's films, in that they sat on the shelf for a couple of years, so that their release is like a time capsule. By now we've seen the girl older, but it was filmed when she was younger and closer to when we became fans. :heart
Actually I'm going to do a double header that night... :cool

'Let Me In' is also premiering on Oct. 1. :icon_party ...And just 2 days before my bday!! :icon_party

What a lovely present from both Jodelle and Chloe!! :heart

*sigh* :heart :heart :heart

kev.

(I haven't seen a trailer on either of these for the last couple of days, so I had kind of forgotten about them.. Many thanks for bringing them back to mind, FLL!! I get excited all over again like the first time!! :thumbsup )

((The big decision NOW is going to be which to see FIRST... :think ))

:heart
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

kev wrote:((The big decision NOW is going to be which to see FIRST... :think ))

Let Me In, of course. :)
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:
kev wrote:((The big decision NOW is going to be which to see FIRST... :think ))

Let Me In, of course. :)
Which is exactly what I did.. :thumbsup

Went to 'Case 39' last night.

It was fun, but exactly the same as our [REL].. :think

(Which was fine with me as I enjoy the movie as it is [although Jodelle's change from helpless victim to creepy kid was a little fast], and still find it hard to understand what the problem was..)

They've held this movie back for so long, I guess I was hoping that it would be slightly different. I mean, obviously the studio/producers felt something was wrong with the film; something that made it hard to market.

In fact an irritating trailer has been showing on TV that makes the statement: "This year 38 cases of supernatural phenomena have been reported. This is case 39." Misrepresenting the movie.. :wall

I thought that they MIGHT add a deleted scene or make some kind of change from the version that had been released last year, and not just use shady advertising... *sigh* Didn't happen...

Anyway, the movie was fun, and had the audience ahhhhing, yelping and jumping at the appropriate times! :thumbsup

It's not a classic, but it was enjoyable and one I plan to add to my library.. I just LOVE Jodelle!! :heart
[Image]

kev.