[REL] Time At The Top (1999)

FLL

Re: Time at the Top (1999) (in English)

Post by FLL »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:Released in the Canada forum.
.........& well done for spotting this FLL...........You're thousands of miles away but found something under our noses! :)
Thanks for the cap and the quick release! This one had looked interesting for Eliza Cuthbert, but I refused to try to watch it in Spanish when I figured an English TVRip would appear one day... didn't know the rip would literally be "English" :)

Do you know of a good UK TV listings site? After I saw notice of this on a website I had thought of double-checking the listing but didn't know where. It would have saved me embarassment and popdrome some trouble.
popdrome

Re: [REL] TIME AT THE TOP (1999)

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

Great!! thanks lb! :dance :icon_1dancingban :dance
ladydarbanville62

Re: [REL] Time At The Top (1999)

Post by ladydarbanville62 »   0 likes

OMG!! I would like in French.. aka l'ascenseur du temps
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

ladydarbanville62 wrote:OMG!! I would like in French.. aka l'ascenseur du temps
I don't have it in any version and don't see it on eMule. Uloz came up blank too. Anyone?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:I don't have it in any version and don't see it on eMule. Uloz came up blank too. Anyone?
Uh oh, if even Phuzzy does not have an old FLM file we are in trouble ... I know you have said that you archive most anything that you can.

I looked and looked but could only find verification that the French version was released on videotape. (And the usual scam sites like fulltv offering it.) I am sorry, ladydarbanville62.

If anyone wants the English, Spanish or German versions and no one has them to reshare on eMule, they are on YouTube. The Spanish version seems to have the best image quality.

Code: Select all

English:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYjVOKObcis
Spanish:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grUIo91ujCg
German:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckDSUJ9UP4g
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Night457 wrote:
Phuzzy4242 wrote:I don't have it in any version and don't see it on eMule. Uloz came up blank too. Anyone?
Uh oh, if even Phuzzy does not have an old FLM file we are in trouble ... I know you have said that you archive most anything that you can.
I save anything I download unless it's a real turkey... but I don't download everything. If it was posted before I joined FLM, I probably haven't downloaded it unless it was popular or an upgrade so it came to my attention, and even then I probably only download 5% - 10% of everything released. I give a like to any new release because I appreciate people who contribute, but that doesn't mean I download their film, plus I often don't have time in RL to watch everything I DO download - there are an awful lot of films in my library I've never watched.
emuler

Post by emuler »   2 likes

I found a 4.3 GB VHS rip - someone ripped it from VHS and enhanced it as much as they could, like ghost has done with several films here, but obviously, since the source is VHS, the result isn't quite as breathtaking. I'm watching it now. Does anyone want to do something with it? It is probably the best VHRrip I've seen, but I wish he'd had loverboy's DVDrip to work with.

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

emuler wrote:It is probably the best VHRrip I've seen, but I wish he'd had loverboy's DVDrip to work with.
I confess I am in a position of ignorance here as I have not gotten around to downloading any of the documented sources yet, but do you have loverboy's file to compare the two? I had to go back and check, and he stated in 2009:
loverboy wrote:As promised in the TV thread, my English language DVB rip. Quality is average for a TV rip probably due to source material & a 'bargain basement' UK TV channel..."
Note DVB, not DVD - it was recorded from a digital broadcast. It is possible your VHSrip looks better. I am curious about this myself.
emuler

Post by emuler »   15 likes

Night457 wrote:Note DVB, not DVD - it was recorded from a digital broadcast. It is possible your VHSrip looks better. I am curious about this myself.
Ah! I missed that. :icon_old :oops: Too bad even the screenshots from loverboy's release are gone, so we don't have anything to compare.
Anyway, I'll share what I've got. This is what the guy who made it has to say:
I made a new 2020 rip of the VHS tape using a recently serviced prosumer S-VHS editing deck with TBC (Time Base Corrector)- the Panasonic AG-1980, and a newer capture card- a Hauppauge HVR-1150. I used QTGMC to deinterlace as it's the only deinterlacer that adds detail while reducing noise, essentially doubling the vertical resolution. I also ran the video through Topaz Video Enhance AI to add horizontal resolution. The difference from the old release is like night and day- now it's more watchable, not quite DVD quality, but decent.
https://1337x.to/torrent/4689399/Time-A ... TVEAI-VHS/
The torrent is still being seeded, but very slowly - about 50kB/s - so if you have HighID on eMule, you should get it from me.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [4.31 Gb]
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

The guy did a decent job with the subs, but there are a few hilarious goofs. Custer just became Custard. :icon_biggrin2