Re: [REL] Summerhood (2008)

Post by ptguardian »   1 likes

Proper HDrips out today. ;)

http://torrentz.eu/search?f=Summerhood

:D
sifon773_lover

Post by sifon773_lover »   31 likes

This is one of my favorite Indie / crowdsourcedmovies. For me personally has it every element a coming of age movie should have: younghood, romance, comedy and a cute girl. So I give it a go and provide you with some upgrade links.

Funfact: This movie is shot in Novia Scotia at Camp Kadimah. A summercamp location for jewish childeren. I guess the director of this movie is jewish. You see the bridge very well in this mapsimage and even the baseball court (and the roof the ball went over).

[Image]

So I have 2 versions of this video. Never got around to merge the 5.1 audio in to the MKV. If somebody can help me with that or explain or show me the way how to do it, maybe in the future we can have the 1080 version combined with the 5.1 audio tracks (and subs) from the 720P version. If that's even possible and/or necessary.

720P VERSION:
[Image]
Format: MPEG-4 AVC (MKV)
Codec: H264 (part 10) (avc 1)
Resolutiion: 1280x720
File size: 2.39gb
Duration: 1 h 48 min
Overall bitrate: 4494kb/s
Framespeed: 23.98 frames/second
Audio Channels:
  • Stream 1: AC3 5.1 - 48.000 kHz - 32bits [ENG ORG.]
Subtitles:
  • Stream 1: [ENG]
    Stream 2: [ENG] for the hearing impaired.
Stills:
[Image] [Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image]

1080P VERSION:
[Image]
Format: MPEG-4 AVC (MKV)
Codec: H264 (part 10) (avc 1)
Resolutiion: 1920x1080
File size: 1.34gb
Duration: 1 h 47 min
Overall bitrate: 1791kb/s
Framespeed: 23.98 frames/second
Audio Channels:
  • Stream 1: AAC 2.0 (stereo) - 44.100 Hz - 32bits [ENG ORG.]
Subtitles:
  • Stream 1: [ENG] for the hearing impaired. (as seperate .srt)
Stills:
[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image]

Links:

720P Version with 5.1 audio: Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.39 Gb]
1080P Version with 2.0 audio: Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.35 Gb]
  • Seperate Subtitle for the 1080P version:
    Age of Summerhood 2013 [1080P].eng.srt
    [/i]
And before I forget, a list of all the 80's classics in this movie!
(ohboy! smileyface) https://ringostrack.com/movie/summerhood/77024

Enjoy! ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“If you can get to be you, why can't I get to be me?”
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Thanks ;)

I never watched it before...
sifon773_lover

Post by sifon773_lover »   0 likes

Reva Timbers The girl is so likeable. :heart
“If you can get to be you, why can't I get to be me?”
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   2 likes

This looks like a fun movie, thanks!
sifon773_lover wrote:So I have 2 versions of this video. Never got around to merge the 5.1 audio in to the MKV. If somebody can help me with that or explain or show me the way how to do it, maybe in the future we can have the 1080 version combined with the 5.1 audio tracks (and subs) from the 720P version. If that's even possible and/or necessary.
Absolutely it is possible! Whether it is necessary is totally up to your personal preference, and how much work you are willing to do. I have done this several times when I have an original audio track in a mediocre-quality video and a high-quality video with the audio dubbed into another language, and I personally prefer the original language in all cases. This can be done "live" in VLC (Google "VLC alternate audio" for instructions.) Whether I will go to the trouble of muxing in another audio track into a new file depends on the likelihood of my rewatching a video. If it is one of my favorites, then absolutely yes.

I know that at FLM there are people more expert than I am at doing this. I use multiple software to do this one step at a time. There are probably paid programs that will do ALL of this in one step, but I stick with what I know -- and all my software is free. (Naturally, any software you choose to download and install is at your own risk.) Here is a "quick" tutorial:
Spoiler:

[EDIT, 4 days later: All the following totally works but I am now a convert to ghost's recommendation of using MKVToolNix (see subsequent posts)]
(1) Open the file with the audio you want to remux in XMedia Recode.
(2) COPY (do not convert) just the audio track to the appropriate kind of audio file (m4a, aac, ac3 etc) with the same codec and let XMedia Recode save it. (Add to queue and encode.)
(3) Open the video file you want to use in XMedia Recode. Set Video to COPY (not convert) in the appropriate format.
(4) In the Audio tab, Import the external audio file you created in step 2 and add the audio steam to the Output box. You can keep both audio streams (the one that is part of the video, and the new one) or you can delete the one you do not want. You can add several audio tracks.
(5) Once you have it set properly with the video and audio you want, add to queue and encode. It may take awhile, and it is best to dedicate your computer to JUST this task, nothing else. Video encoding takes the longest - sometimes a few hours - but just audio copying goes more quickly.

[Note: XMedia Recode supposedly allows for importing an audio file from a separate video without having to create a stand-alone audio file, but I have found that it CRASHES when I try to do that. So with just a small audio file being added, it is less strain on the processing. MAYBE a computer with higher processing power than mine will do this all in one step without XMedia Recode crashing.]

(6) Take the newly created file and play it in VLC. See if the alternate audio track is IN SYNC. If it IS, then YAY you are done, congratulations!
(7) If it is not IN SYNC, go to Tools / Track Synchronization to adjust the start time of the new audio track, and play with it repeatedly until you get it right. This can take careful listening and lip-reading, which is even more fun than you think if it is a language you do not know. Take note of how many milliseconds adjustment (+ or -) that it requires.
(8) Open the file in Avidemux. Set Video Output to Copy and Audio Output to Copy.
(9) In this example you have 2 audio tracks and one is OUT OF SYNC. In the Audio tab at the top, Select Track, Choose Filters for the audio you need to resync, and Shift audio up or down by the amount you determined in Step 7.
(10) Choose Save Video and it will slowly process a new file. Let your computer do this with no distractions.
(11) Verify the resulting file works properly in VLC, and be very pissed if it does not. Yes, there are times when I have made a mistake in the settings and so I do it all over again.

OK, and these are fairly minimal instructions, already assuming some familiarity with the software in question. I did not attempt this until I had used them repeatedly for more basic tasks. What little I know with these programs I taught myself with help from Google searches, and you may very well be a whiz kid who can master this sort of thing much more easily than I did. If you already have some familiarity with video processing and re-encoding, I suggest you carefully look through the capabilities of the software you already use to see what it is capable of. Learning a little bit more on a program you are already familiar with is much easier than starting over with a new one.
With any luck, other FLMers will read this and say "UGH, no! Don't do it that way, it is much too complicated. Try THIS, it is so much easier." If I give bad advice that encourages someone else's good advice, then so much the better.

Or someone may volunteer to do it themselves. Honestly, I am not prepared to make that sort of commitment myself for a movie I have not even seen, particularly with my bandwidth as slow as it is. Others may be able to download both files in fifteen minutes and perform the necessary steps for muxing in their sleep.

If you have any questions or need more details (shudder!) then PM me.
Last edited by Night457 on Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

That's a pretty complicated way, Night457 :o

It's much easier to do it just in MKVToolNix.

The problem with these two files: The beginning of the 720p file is much longer, so the audio won't be in sync. You have to cut the 720p file before remuxing or just cut the first seconds of the 6channel ac3.

Anyway: I'll keep the 720p version, because the bitrate of the 1080p is just too low.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   29 likes

I can contribute this link:

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.46 Gb]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

ghost wrote:That's a pretty complicated way, Night457 :o

It's much easier to do it just in MKVToolNix.
You do realize that my whole plan was to get you to speak up and say how you do it, right? (Haha, it worked!) Anything to do with video processing, I wonder "Well, what would ghost do?" I just don't want to go bugging you about every little thing.

I had wondered if MKVToolNix might work -- I just have not explored it yet.

Thank you, sir.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

You do realize that my whole plan was to get you to speak up and say how you do it
Ahhh.. Now I know what you were up to :o :cry: