[REL] The Outside Chance of Maximilian Glick (1988)

loverboy

[REL] The Outside Chance of Maximilian Glick (1988)

Post by loverboy »   17 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095806/

[Image]

I liked this & it's always good to see a young Fairuza Balk. This is a TV rip & the quality isn't great but it's perfectly watchable.........another one worthy of a DVD release!
Its low-budget may show, and the mostly nonprofessional cast is ragged, but the Canadian made-for-TV movie The Outside Chance of Maximilian Glick is a good, simple story filled with the one ingredient Hollywood too often misses: human warmth.

As played by newcomer Noam Zylberman, 12-year-old Max Glick is a minor-league Duddy Kravitz, a wise guy stuck in a flyspeck Manitoba plains town. His family, leaders of the town's tiny Jewish community, are getting ready for his bar mitzvah, but Max would rather practice four-handed piano pieces with cute Celia Brzjinski (Fairuza Balk). The conflict kicks into high gear when the Chicago rabbi the family hires — sight unseen — to prep the boy turns out to be a Hasid, a frustrated stand-up comedian, and the best thing that ever happened to Max.

At its best, the film wryly observes how every ethnic group in the melting-pot village is torn between fierce independence and the fear of attracting undue attention: the first sight of Rabbi Teitelman, with his beard, black robes, and payos, makes Max's elders groan in horror. But Rabbi Teitelman, gracefully played by Saul Rubinek, is as unorthodox in style as he is Orthodox in dress. After circling each other warily, he and Max join ranks against the closed minds of family and town.

The results are more satisfying than surprising. This is a good, small, wise movie. Ignore the uneven production values. There are things here that just can't be bought.
[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

File Name .......: The Outside Chance of Maximilian Glick 1988 TVRip loverboy edit.avi
File Size .......: 1,382.50 MB
Duration ........: 01:35:11
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 1902 KB/s
Resolution ......: 640 x 480
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.33:1
Framerate .......: 23.976 FPS
Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 128 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch
Language .......: ENGLISH

Not my rip although I've cleaned up the video & audio a bit.......my thanks to the originator.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.35 Gb]

Enjoy!
ptguardian

Re: [REL] The Outside Chance of Maximilian Glick (1988)

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

a rare find thanks LB :thumbsup

:)
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

An indication of how well sourced (or otherwise) this is would be appreciated in determining what form my response should be to a PM requesting this. I'm using a PC at present with no eMule installation so I'm unable to check.

lb
idler

Post by idler »   0 likes

I suggest your response to be polite if the asking member is Arky. He's hung up at 25%, and no other source in sight. Sorry, but I can't help, didn't download this.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   9 likes

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.32 Gb]

i just nabbed this from megaupload,a boyscout post.different size from LB's.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

I have loverboy's edit. Just wasn't shared, because nobody has asked for it.
loverboy

idler wrote:I suggest your response to be polite if the asking member is Arky. He's hung up at 25%, and no other source in sight. Sorry, but I can't help, didn't download this.
My response would certainly be polite if it were Arky requesting this.

However, I doubt Arky registered here 2 days ago with an uninspiring username & posting even more uninspiring PM's.

lb
FLL

Post by FLL »   3 likes

starfish21 wrote: Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.32 Gb]

i just nabbed this from megaupload,a boyscout post.different size from LB's.
Of course it's a different size, loverboy's file is one he himself cleaned up from another source. Based on past experience, it would not surprise me one bit if this file is the original source loverboy started with before he fixed the problems he saw. Just a guess though.
loverboy

Although I'm unable to check at present I'm also pretty certain this will have been my source for a clean-up, in which case it's available at CG.

I can't remember exactly what I did to this but the running time of my release appears to be slightly shorter so I'll assume it's the usual poor editing & likely careless cropping/audio deficiences. I certainly wouldn't have re-encoded this simply for fun!

I would personally like to see reshare requests given a chance to be filled rather than automatically immediately posting an alternative, unless there is an obvious quality improvement or something else of special interest.

lb
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

cg version has no seeds.if the one i'm sharing turns out to be shite i'm sure yours will be asked for soon enough.

sometimes i'm a bit too quick to post other peoples releases here,i don't like stepping on toes,but if nobody takes what i post, after a while,i just unshare and move on to something else.the main thing is ..i'm actively contributing.

[Image]

[Image]