[REL] Petite fille (2020) [France]

Any documentaries about children can go here.
kev
Site Admin

[REL] Petite fille (2020) [France]

Post by kev »   0 likes

Petite fille AKA Little Girl (2020)

Synopsis:
7-year-old Sasha has always known she was a little girl, even though she was born a boy. As society fails to treat her like the other children her age - in her daily life at school, dance lessons or birthday parties - her supportive family leads a constant battle to make her difference understood and accepted. Multi-award winner Sébastien Lifshitz (4 selections in Cannes and 4 selections in Berlin) follows Sasha and her family for a year, capturing with his insightful, delicate and subtle camera their truly moving moments of joy and the many challenges they face together.
Pix:
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

Ok, ok; I know she's a boy, :shock: but she's pretty damn cute and transgender coming-of-age fits the FLM parameters... ;)

Trailers:

Some words from Sasha's mom:

Other links:
https://en.unifrance.org/movie/49750/little-girl
https://www.berlinale.de/en/archive-sel ... 10327.html
https://mk2films.com/en/film/little-girl/
https://mk2films.com/wp-content/uploads ... -fille.pdf
https://agatfilmsetcie.com/fiche-film_en.php?id=44082

kev.
Tiny Blondie

Re: [REQ] Petite fille (2020) [France]

Post by Tiny Blondie »   0 likes

"7-year-old Sasha", sure kids question their gender at that age, even at 7 months old, or, I am told, at 7 weeks old, or possibly 7 days old, when still in the womb of their mother. Trans-gender lobby (or propaganda) in action..., she/he cute right, but those people are just going too far imho.
Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta.
Jacen

Post by Jacen »   0 likes

For what it's worth, I never questioned my gender when I was 7.
Where do people get this notion that kids were questioning their genders?
I propose a survey of FLM members: did you question your gender when you were 7?
And if you did, did it turn out that you're actually transgender?
I'm curious to see the results!
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I wanted to be a dinosaur when I was 7 but my parents were very mean and wouldn't let me transition to one. /sarc

No child can make such a life-changing decision for the same reason they're not allowed to drive a car - they don't have good judgement, they don't know what they're doing, and they're certain to crash. This little boy still has to hold his mommy's hand when he crosses the street, for crying out loud. It's his mother who is pushing him toward what SHE wants and it's nothing less than child abuse, especially if they start giving him hormone blockers to prevent puberty. Such things are usually not reversible, plus he'll be sterile. On top of that, trans people have a suicide rate 8 times the average.

If he still wants to transition to female when he grows up and is mature enough to be able to decide himself, then more power to him/her.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

I liked girlish things, dolls do not mean, you will become gay. the same if you play tea, in a nutshell if you play with girls it does not make you less macho or vice versa makes you a tomboy, it seemed unfair to me I also wanted to play with girls even to turn dress and the fact boy with boy and girl with girl, it was just a macho attitude that avoids homosexuality.

If I see Sasha, I don't necessarily have to change sex, only in puberty do you decide if you want to be trans or there are no other options such as effeminate only if you want to get hormonal, only do it when adolescence begins.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Sully23 wrote:If I see Sasha, I don't necessarily have to change sex, only in puberty do you decide if you want to be trans or there are no other options such as effeminate only if you want to get hormonal, only do it when adolescence begins.
Puberty blockers - hormones - must be started before puberty begins, which means no later than 8 or 9 years old. I've never met a 9 year old mature enough to decide something of such importance, and once the hormones have done their job it's too late. Parents are in charge, not children, and they MUST make the important decisions until the children are mature enough to make those important decisions themselves.

And I'll leave it at that.
Jacen

Phuzzy4242 wrote:I wanted to be a dinosaur when I was 7 but my parents were very mean and wouldn't let me transition to one. /sarc

No child can make such a life-changing decision for the same reason they're not allowed to drive a car - they don't have good judgement, they don't know what they're doing, and they're certain to crash. This little boy still has to hold his mommy's hand when he crosses the street, for crying out loud. It's his mother who is pushing him toward what SHE wants and it's nothing less than child abuse, especially if they start giving him hormone blockers to prevent puberty. Such things are usually not reversible, plus he'll be sterile. On top of that, trans people have a suicide rate 8 times the average.

If he still wants to transition to female when he grows up and is mature enough to be able to decide himself, then more power to him/her.

I would say I agree with you that young children shouldn't decide these things, but I never said they should. I just find it strange that some people think children are questioning their gender just for the heck of it. I want more compassion, less condemnation. All this condemnation is the reason why transgender people have higher suicide rates, not because of transgenderism itself. Come on, let's not contribute to the hate. How about getting to know the actual situation of the family before accusations of child abuse.

I would also like to bring up the transgender actress Nicole Maines, who knew she was gender misassigned at three years old.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicole_Maines
"Maines was assigned male at birth and said she knew she was gender misassigned as young as three years old."
So a child CAN know these things. The problem is of course, we don't know if this particular child knows, or is just confused. Again I say, we should get to know the child, the family more before passing judgement. Blanket statements intimating child abuse or that the child must be confused are not helpful and are wrong, because some children were always sure and were never confused and grew up just as sure, like Nicole did.

Here is another person who knew she was female before she could speak:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jazz_Jennings
"Jennings made it clear as soon as she could speak that she was female, and, although the family presented her publicly in gender-neutral clothing, she wanted to be presented in feminine clothing."
She is now 20 and still thinks the same way. Yet another child who was never confused and maintained the same view all the way to adulthood.

Sure, some kids could be confused, but remember, some weren't. If we met Nicole or Jazz when they were young, should we accuse their parents of abusing them? Should we accuse them of being confused? If we did, we would have been very, very wrong!
Jacen

Sully23 wrote:I liked girlish things, dolls do not mean, you will become gay.
I would just like to point out that being gay is a sexual attraction, while transgenderism is a gender identity, these are two different things.
Jazz (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jazz_Jennings) for example is born with a penis but identifies as female, so she's a transgender female. She is attracted to males, and since she identifies as female, she is heterosexual.
I think sex and gender is a really fun topic to learn about!
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Don't accuse me of hate or condemning anyone.

I sincerely doubt a 3yo child has much, if any, concept what "gender" even IS other than what parents teach him/her. I sincerely doubt a very young child questions their gender without being strongly influenced to do so by at least one parent. Please look at Munchausen Syndrome By Proxy for why I think this is NOT the child's choices so much as the parent's.

I have ZERO problem with someone being trans after they're mature enough and competent to make that decision. I can provide evidence privately why this is the case if you want to PM me. I will not debate the change of definition of "gender identity" or that transgenderism is 'normal' because the facts don't bear that out, but an adult's personal life is none of my business. I don't hate on them, I don't condemn them, I really don't care. However, seeing a child being hurt is not okay with me.

I think we need to agree to disagree and leave this discussion or take it to PMs.
Jacen

Biology is a messy thing, human behaviour is complicated. Sure kids will be influenced by their parents, I just take issue with the certainty that in this particular instance, the child must be abused by the parent. I don't think we can know for certain. When I was a child I wound have been someone who would have been strongly influenced by my parents, but I don't take that to mean that there might not be some child somewhere, who has a particularly strong inclination, against which the parent has very little power in changing. Not everyone is the same! Maybe this is a case of Munchausen Syndrome By Proxy, but, it also might not be. The reason I brought up those 2 examples was to show that it was a possibility. Ultimately I think it's better to let medical professionals make long-term close up observations of the situation, to determine the true feelings of the child. That's all I'm going to say on this issue.

Phuzzy4242, you're a long time member of this forum that has contributed much, and I'm someone who's lazy and usually just lurks. We disagree on this one thing, but a bet we agree on a lot of other things! I'll just end it here and let things return to normal. Cheers!