[REQ] She-Hero AKA Mimi (2023)

Nasuada

[REQ] She-Hero AKA Mimi (2023)

Post by Nasuada »   2 likes

Romy is a brave little girl. She has a budgie called Mimi and Mimi got lost. Romy’s determination to find her budgie brings her out into the ancient woods, where she meets all sorts of everyday characters, each with their own story. She’ll not only make new friends along the way, but mainly she enjoys her adventure.
Source: Mirafox

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt26769944/

Clip:

I give it a Rating with 2 of 5 Stars because it not reached the level who I was expected. The way of filming was nothing new for me and I do not understand, why Romy often decide to block help from others. And near the end she get some help, but left all behind. I can't understand the real message behind...
The decision of the int. Jury at the Berlinale was a bit different. They choose it as the winner for 2023 (Grand Prix of the Generation Kplus International Jury). Just for Info: The best price inside the Generation is the Crystal Bear from the kids jury.
The Jury say:
From its very first shot, this film had the jury under its spell. All manner of issues, characters and complexities meet in the enchanted microcosm of the forest, which sets the stage for its wilful, young protagonist. This film celebrates ingenuity, creativity and openness. Through its tone, pace and humorous spirit, it beautifully walks the tightrope between reality and fantasy. This is the story of a young girl looking for a bird.
Source: Berlinale
[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REQ] She-Hero AKA Mimi (2023)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I'm interested in this despite Nasuada's lack of enthusiasm because it is from the same writer-director as [REL] Žáby bez jazyka aka Cook F**k Kill (2019).

Maybe that will scare some of you off, I dunno.
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   0 likes

Well, my critic is more around the style how the movie was filmed.
I saw Allons Enfants (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12925&hilit=Allons+Enfant) a view years ago at the Berlinale who I found much more interesting and it's near the same way to make a movie like this.

This movie has some funny parts and also some very strange parts. The most strangest part (but not bad) was a special meet with her Bird Mimi in a Dream of Romy. I wished, this movie has some more things like that but it has not.
I'm sure that this movie is a bit more interesting, if you knowing a bit more around the culutre of slovakia.
[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Nasuada wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:19 pm I'm sure that this movie is a bit more interesting, if you knowing a bit more around the culutre of slovakia.
I most likely do not, but I can learn. I sometimes use movies as an introduction to finding out about other cultures. I try not to let the movie itself influence me too much; I have to do some reading to learn the REAL truth.

I always find it interesting to read about a movie that addresses an historical event, because it will be sure to face critcism for the things it gets wrong. That does not really help for this movie though, not being a historical drama.
Caleyunior

Post by Caleyunior »   0 likes

[Image]

Berlinale: https://www.berlinale.de/en/2023/progra ... 09085.html

YouTube Official Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRnE5yG ... el=CINEMAX

Release date: March 23, 2023.