[REL] Show Me the Way to the Station AKA Eki made no michi wo oshiete (2019)

pillowbaker

[REL] Show Me the Way to the Station AKA Eki made no michi wo oshiete (2019)

Post by pillowbaker »   15 likes

駅までの道をおしえて
Eki Made no Michi wo Oshiete
Der geheimnisvolle Bahnhof
Show Me the Way to the Station (2019)

I wanted to release this back in early January. Been having computer difficulties.
Imdb movie link

[Image]

[Image]
  • warning
    cute girl attached to her cute dog.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

imdb wrote:A young girl, Sayaka, develops a heartwarming friendship with an old man named Hasu. Based on an award-winning novel by Ijuin Shizu.

Starring our main girl Chise Niitsu, only around 8 or 9 during filming. Same girl who is featured in Kigeki aisai monogatari.

Warning aside, this is a gentle little movie with an ultra cute girl who carries the entire movie, and is in most scenes. Yeah, she loves her doggie, but for those concerned, can I spoil somethin for ya? By the 3 minute mark, you learn doggie's long gone.

The real crux of the film is, through her forlorn feelings and grief for her pet, she eventually discovers a friendship with an older man, who is also dealing with unacceptance and a grief of his own. However, the movie never lets you forget about the time she had spent with her pet, and frequently shovels in brief scenes of those moments. The rest of the film is filled with other lovely moments, of Sayaka going through her sorrow, interacting with others, and going on trips with Hasu.

Normally, I would openly admit I have difficulties with the Winn-Dixies and Black Beauties of the girl/pet movieland. But this movie is a noteable exception, and it is quite lovely. First of all, Sayaka is as adorable as they come, and judging by the way its filmed, the filmmakers knew it. And I personally love the girl-man friendship story.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

One interesting thing about this movie, it is very focused on our Sayaka and her older friend. The support cast is very small, as you can see in credit listings.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.59 Gb]

I am sourcing over emule the 720p YAMG release (2.59gb). It is a very high quality encode.

Since downloading this one, yifi released a 1080p BR rip at 2.32gb. It is actually a quality encode as well, and I cannot visually tell the difference between the yifi 1080p and the YAMG 720p.

If you prefer, the YTS torrent 1080p, 2.32gb, available and well-seeded here:
https://yts.mx/movies/show-me-the-way-t ... ation-2019

If you would like to try for the highest quality, here is the YAMG 1080p release on rarbg, 7.7gb, may have minimal seeders:
https://rarbg.to/torrent/gwzepmy
or
https://www.btdig.com/437215f1d555f5160 ... he-station
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Show Me the Way to the Station AKA Eki made no michi wo oshiete (2019)

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Thanks, pillowbaker! Looks like a cute movie. :)
Nasuada

Re: [REL] Show Me the Way to the Station AKA Eki made no michi wo oshiete (2019)

Post by Nasuada »   1 likes

Thanks for sharing it with us. It looks beautiful.
[Image]
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   2 likes

Another interesting thing about Chise Niitsu, she is the daughter of bigtime director/writer/animator Makoto Shinkai and actress Chieko Misaka. I've never heard of the actress, but I've loved the early, animated short works of Shinkai. He's done some very sincere work, and I highly recommend "She and her cat (1999)". It's 5 minutes long.
pistachio

Post by pistachio »   2 likes

I got to watch this the other night and it just broke my heart. :(
pillowbaker wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:54 amNormally, I would openly admit I have difficulties with the Winn-Dixies and Black Beauties of the girl/pet movieland. But this movie is a noteable exception, and it is quite lovely.
I hated Winn-Dixie. I think a lot of people are put off by what looks like it might belong to that genre, even though a lot of them are actually about something. (e.g. Celia, My Life as a Dog, etc)

This isn't even really a "family film". It's very surreal and dreamy and would probably be hard for kids to follow. There's so much symbolic imagery in it it's difficult to tell if any single part of it is meant to be taken literally. (For the record, I love children's films. Just not bad ones. :P )

Anyway, thanks for sharing this one. I loved it.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Thank you for the nice review pistachio, glad you enjoyed!

You bring up some good points and ideas. This movie does not set out to be a family movie or a kid's movie, despite my extraneous opinions I mentioned about other pet-related movies. Honestly, I probably could have mentioned that idea in the write-up, and not mentioned Winn-Dixie.

Despite its simple beginning, the movie does become more dreamy and surreal, especially during the second half, and deals with the deeper notions and perceptions of someone's missing loved ones. You're right, not quite a children's film, or rather, not one for the genre, but I wouldn't be a bad film for younger, little people to try to watch. :D

(I love children's films too!)