What if perfect robots ....??? Poll! Vote!

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.

Would you purchase such an android?

Yes, would not even have to be a perfect imitation of my favorite actress, just if it could pass for a human without close inspection
23%
Yes, would not even have to be a perfect imitation of my favorite actress, just if it could pass for a human with close inspection
14%
Yes, but only if it was a perfect imitation of my favorite actress
14%
Yes, but only if it would be easy to hide from my social circle (family, neighbors, etc)
14%
Yes, if I could afford it.
27%
Yes, but only if it became socially acceptable.
No votes
18+ or 21+ models / (specify below)
5%
Yes, but only those that would match my age.
No votes
No, I would have ethical objections.
No votes
No, and I'm not saying why not
5%

Total votes: 22
Ziggy Plock

What if perfect robots ....??? Poll! Vote!

Post by Ziggy Plock »   0 likes

Thinking about the TV-show Äkta människor (2012-2014) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2180271/reference/, it's remake Humans and more recently https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5158314/reference/, which all have almost perfect life like robots and/or androids.... No digestive tract, but perfect imitations in ALL aspects..... ;)
Would you buy or get an android like this if it was made into the image of your favorite actress?
Let's assume they would be reasonably priced, like between a fridge and a car?
Or would your immediately social circle be an obstacle in that?
What if you could pretend she was your relative or anything like that?
What would you see as moral objections, if you see any?
For arguments sake, these are not self-aware androids, but they can carry a conversation up to a limited degree.

Also, there's no way this will be reality anytime soon.
——————————————————————————A tribute to Lost Movies===My avatar: youtu.be/SdqsgEOBOlc——————————————————————————
[Image]
Triela

Re: What if perfect robots ....??? Poll! Vote!

Post by Triela »   0 likes

Ha ha, what would we tell others? "This is my niece.... from China" ???
YOu can already get life-sized dolls 140cm - 160cm, made from life like synthetics, but these cost about 1 million Yen, so..... I wanna bet no-one on this forum has one of those, nor considers buying one.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Triela wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:37 am Ha ha, what would we tell others? "This is my niece.... from China" ???
YOu can already get life-sized dolls 140cm - 160cm, made from life like synthetics, but these cost about 1 million Yen, so..... I wanna bet no-one on this forum has one of those, nor considers buying one.
These so called Silicone and TPE Dolls of all sizes and ages have always fascinated me as have tv shows like „Akta Maniskor“ and „Humans“, or the Russian series „Better Than Us“ (Netflix). But at the same time they creep me out because real human interaction and touch, communication is irreplaceable (right now it seems).
Triela

Post by Triela »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:37 pm These so called Silicone and TPE Dolls of all sizes and ages have always fascinated me as have tv shows like „Akta Maniskor“ and „Humans“, or the Russian series „Better Than Us“ (Netflix). But at the same time they creep me out because real human interaction and touch, communication is irreplaceable (right now it seems).
one, humans anthropomorphize EVERY thing, our pets, (dogs don't have an owner anymore but a "dog mother"), our cars, or just objects. So doing that to life-like, realistic, ANDROIDS, who talk back to us will be tiniest step ever, therefor, communication will be NOT irreplaceable, because we will carry on the conversation for two persons, like we already do with things that do NOT talk back, like cars, pets and gods.
two, if you like THOSE series, then watch Detroit: Become Human (2018) , the cut scenes withhout commentary. they are on youtube, so you can download them with 9xbuddy.org. It's all about how several androids want to break free, mostly from cis gender males
goku33

Triela wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:35 am
goku33 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:37 pm These so called Silicone and TPE Dolls of all sizes and ages have always fascinated me as have tv shows like „Akta Maniskor“ and „Humans“, or the Russian series „Better Than Us“ (Netflix). But at the same time they creep me out because real human interaction and touch, communication is irreplaceable (right now it seems).
one, humans anthropomorphize EVERY thing, our pets, (dogs don't have an owner anymore but a "dog mother"), our cars, or just objects. So doing that to life-like, realistic, ANDROIDS, who talk back to us will be tiniest step ever, therefor, communication will be NOT irreplaceable, because we will carry on the conversation for two persons, like we already do with things that do NOT talk back, like cars, pets and gods.
two, if you like THOSE series, then watch Detroit: Become Human (2018) , the cut scenes withhout commentary. they are on youtube, so you can download them with 9xbuddy.org. It's all about how several androids want to break free, mostly from cis gender males
Yeah I watched whole gameplays of Detroit:Become Human. Only have a PS3 and my pc isn’t beefy enough for the PC version.

The same as with „The Last Of Us“ there even exist Explicit CGI videos with the characters from Detroit:Become Human.

The later seasons of „Humans“ (Channel4/AMC) actually included child humanoid robots (Such a shame that the show got canceled). if I remember correctly one of the male child actors actually also played one of Queen Elizabeth‘s sons on „The Crown“.

Yes, we humans anthropomorphize a lot. Although I have to admit I haven’t talked to my car yet :) and I try to not speak too much to my pets.

The people that keep these „real life sized“ dolls always weirded me out a bit. I get where they’re coming from (loneliness, sexual desires etc) but I do think it would make me only depressive lol. A simple sex doll? Fine. But what some people do..dressing them, talking to them, treating them as persons. Too crazy for me!
ronyleonel

Post by ronyleonel »   0 likes

chat gpt , de open ia , alcanzo un nuevo avance en conversaciones. los androides con mayor emociones serian la locura.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   2 likes

ronyleonel wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:14 am chat gpt , de open ia , alcanzo un nuevo avance en conversaciones. los androides con mayor emociones serian la locura.
I’ll never understand people that post replies in another language while apparently having read and understood the original discussion in English. It’s not just laziness but also a certain arrogance and ignorance.
deadman

Post by deadman »   1 likes

goku33 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:49 amI’ll never understand people that post replies in another language while apparently having read and understood the original discussion in English. It’s not just laziness but also a certain arrogance and ignorance.

Some people don't understand English, but they speak fluent Google translate. 8-)

Viewing a site through the tunnel vision of an online translator, you are more likely to be unaware of certain rules (some rules tend to exist on all discussion boards, others are board-specific). Just let them know they have to reverse translate their answers. That's all.
Infinity

Post by Infinity »   0 likes

Not too keen on the idea of a robot version of a girl I like, I think I'd be more comfortable with a human duplicate though, so a clone in essence.
[Image]
Kym Karath is pretty stinkin' cute, read about my favourite 1960s child actress!
goku33

deadman wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:50 pm
Just let them know they have to reverse translate their answers. That's all.
This is what I don’t get, like that lack of common sense. They translate the website but never considered posting their responses in English as well. I visit various forums and sites and I will post my question in Russian or French or Spanish there. I can’t imagine going on a Russian site like rutracker and just posting my German question lol