AI assisted transcription and subtitle creation

All hardware and software related discussion topics here. Advice, discussion and opinions on either topic are welcome.
ghost
Site Admin

Re: AI assisted transcription and subtitle creation

Post by ghost »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:54 am ghost, do you suggest using that voice-cleaner software every time before using whisper AI on it?
Not necessarily, maybe only in bad cases. I'm still testing. too. I just tried it and it reduced the repeats, but the voice recognition was a bit worse. So I still don't know what's best.

The most important thing is using the right model. I got the best results with large-v2.
Triela

Post by Triela »   1 likes

Nasuada wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:33 pm That might be good advice, yes. I just imagine myself insulting someone thanks to a translator and then being confused that I'm suddenly lying on the floor with a bleeding nose. And when you end up at the police station and explain what happened and the translator tells you that you really want to go to jail...

This could also be an entertaining short film.
Reminds me of Heinlein's "Door into summer". A man cryogenically freezes himself, to go to the future, and then learns quickly, when he asks a woman for directions to the nearest "service station" and he almost gets punched in the nose by her very, véry angry husband, that it doesn't mean "place to get gasoline for cars", but something wholly different .... :lol: ;) :lol: ;) :lol:
Last edited by Triela on Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Triela

Post by Triela »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:54 pm Whisper in action using Google drive:

This the Danish short film Et liv.
Can you do the short Danish film Noter fra kælderen (2011) ??? It's very OT , VERY.

Find it here on uloz Noter fra kælderen - Filmmagasinet

And Lime (2001) ??? priddy please

I've been waiting ten and 20 years for subtitles to those movies.... :o :o :o :o :o :o :twisted:
ghost
Site Admin

BTW: https://www.first-loves.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8425

Okay, I added them to my queue (which is getting longer an longer... :( )
Triela

Post by Triela »   0 likes

thaNk you, ghost.....
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

Ghost - I see the 2nd simpler looking one has a 300mb limit - I guess a film audio converted to mp3 at 128 or 160kbit would fall under that. But with the 1hr limit you're going to have to splice and adjust the audio after. Or do you use the first method? Does that have a 1 hour limit?
ghost
Site Admin

David32441 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:01 pm Ghost - I see the 2nd simpler looking one has a 300mb limit - I guess a film audio converted to mp3 at 128 or 160kbit would fall under that. But with the 1hr limit you're going to have to splice and adjust the audio after. Or do you use the first method? Does that have a 1 hour limit?
What do you mean? The voice cleaner? I don't use it anymore, because Whsiper can't understand some words after cleaning.
David32441

ghost wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:32 pm
David32441 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:01 pm Ghost - I see the 2nd simpler looking one has a 300mb limit - I guess a film audio converted to mp3 at 128 or 160kbit would fall under that. But with the 1hr limit you're going to have to splice and adjust the audio after. Or do you use the first method? Does that have a 1 hour limit?
What do you mean? The voice cleaner? I don't use it anymore, because Whsiper can't understand some words after cleaning.
There were 2 youtube clips. The 2nd one uses just freesubtitles.ai
Was wondering if you're using the first one? The Google assistant one?
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

I'm using it with Google Colaboratory. It's free, you have more options, you don't have to queue and they give you a GPU for using Whisper.
David32441

The Microsoft translator app I used to translate a few films - I'm sure that used an early db of this AI. But it probably was never going to be as good when the audio was being played back on a speaker, then being heard by a mic, then the audio sent over a phone network. It's much better when you can eliminate those steps and upload whole audio files and get it to chuck out an SRT / VTT file. I'm sure it used an older version of the Db - probably the equivalent of "small" in the options of today's software, not the "large" Db it can now trawl.
The VTT seems identical to the SRT - except you don't have the numeric sequence. This is actually useful if you want to append 2 files together. Then afterwards save it out as an SRT so VLC and other software can overlay it with the video.
I personally use MKV Merge GUI to merge the video + audio + srt into one single mkv file.