Dafne Keen, acrobat, 2020

Post here about any child actresses (or actors) you like!
Sully23

Re: Dafne Keen, acrobat, 2020

Post by Sully23 »   2 likes

Triela wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:50 pm So, in short, Dafnes accent in Spanish is from Spain, not from Latin-America?
It is the same equivalent of English-American, or English-Australian, the way and tone of how they speak it is different, the scene where he argues with Logan did not have a accent from Spain.
Triela wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:50 pm What do you mean, "very different"? All Spanish colonists came from .... Spain, no?
Some 'Hispanic' residents of the U.S. They are often confused with illegal immigrants from Latin America.
with the exception of some British and French
incomplete.
It would be easy to say that in Latin America everyone speaks Spanish in Central and South America and this is not the case, there are exceptions in countries like Brazil, Bahamas, French Guiana or Suriname. In fact, in FLM the Latin America section also includes Brazil.

Triela wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:50 pm Princess Di, anyone?
Miley Cyrus goes to her town is not besieged, Antonio Banderas I can say the same, Dafne does not say that the papparazzi harassed her, even if a participant in any reality show is not going to have as much attention in her town, perhaps in L.A. The Lady thing is explained because the British royalty is the most mediatic and besieged unlike others such as the Spanish.

PS:I'm sorry my translator doesn't separate Spanish and Spain
Triela

Post by Triela »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:27 pm It would be easy to say that in Latin America everyone speaks Spanish in Central and South America and this is not the case, there are exceptions in countries like Brazil, Bahamas, French Guiana or Suriname. In fact, in FLM the Latin America section also includes Brazil.
better
PS:I'm sorry my translator doesn't separate Spanish and Spain
Those are not the ONLY two things it doesn't distinguish between...... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Shoot your typist, tío, shoot 'em dead ...... :gunsfiring_v1

P.S.
I don't mean anything by this, so not because of one thing or another and don't take this the wrong way, but:
do you have anyone IRL who corrects your English, or, who might do that, if you ask them nicely? ;) :mrgreen: :wall :lol: ;) :lol: ;)

I think you do a good job of posting in English here, but to give the rest of us a fair chance, perhaps after you've posted in English, you could post the original Spanish right áfter that? Maybe, just maybe, we can try out different translators?
:D :P :? :? :? Again, don't mean anything by that.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   1 likes

It will not be the first time and neither will it be the last, trying to understand about Spain and its former colonies is the same as trying to understand why some cities in the U.S. They have names in Spanish, because English have different accents in NY, TX or New Orleans, the same goes for Puerto Ricans, they speak Spanish despite being part of the USA.
It is not easy to understand the world.
Triela

Especially when faulty translators
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Triela wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:16 am Especially when faulty translators
Translators are not perfect.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Hey, I don't think we need to make a big issue about perfect English translations in the forums. The standard language used at FLM is English mainly because it is the most common language shared by many people. I would not be surprised if most of the members who post at FLM do NOT have English as a first language. I know that if *I* tried to post in their language, the results would be catastrophic. I trust that they would be forgiving of my attempt and would probably figure out what I was saying anyway.

I think we are all united by our love of children in film, and in this thread we like Dafne!
Triela

Night457 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:11 am Hey (...) we like Dafne!
didn't mean anything by it...

Estimado Sully, una vez conocí a estas dos chicas alemanas y estaba orgulloso de saber algo de alemán, así que traté de hablar alemán con ellas. Pero después de 5 minutos me dijeron que me entendían MUCHO MEJOR si les hablaba en inglés... ¿Debería haberme insultado? Tal vez....
Pero no me insulté porque me di cuenta de algo muy valioso:: ¡Ellas..... tenían muchissimo razón! Mi alemán era muy, muy, malo......... :roll: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Dear Sully, once I met these two German girls, and, I was proud I knew some German, so I tried to speak German with them. But after 5 mins they told me they understood me MUCH BETTER if I spoke English to them ... Should I have been insulted? Maybe....
But I was not insulted because I realized something very valuable: They were so very right! My German was very, very, bad.
Night457
Global Moderator

Your German may have been bad, but there was no chance of it getting better if you were never allowed to speak it, particularly with native speakers. Talking with cute girls is certainly a good motivator. ("Spend some time with me and I will surely make you proud of how much I can learn." :D ) Although I am sure the German girls were very sweet and were just trying to make it easy for you.

I think your story is funny, and one I have heard before for a number of nationalities. Over and over again I hear complaints about "dumb Americans" who are lazy and stupid and refuse to learn any other language. (The complaints are usually by snobby intellectual Americans who HAVE learned at least one other.) Yet the only other option seems to be to spend years in school mastering another language and NEVER using it in public until it is perfect. I think that is ridiculous. And probably boring.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   1 likes

Triela your Spanish seems fluent as if you didn't use a translator.
Some say improving a language is practicing it with another person in a conversation and the Germans had to help you master it.
Night457
Global Moderator

I wonder Triela, maybe those German girls wanted the chance to speak in English with a native English speaker and impress you with their fluency. :think They wanted to speak English because they were flirting with you! :D