[REL] Bear's Kiss (2002)

DonPromillo

[REL] Bear's Kiss (2002)

Post by DonPromillo »   33 likes

Hello,

I'm just releasing this one:
[Image]
Russia/ Germany/ Sweden/ Spain/ France/ Italy, STW/ Pandora/ et al., 2002, 94 minutes, Color
In English, Italian, and Spanish
Director: Sergei Bodrov, Sr.
Screenplay: Sergei Bodrov, Sr., Carolyn Cavallero, Terrence Malick (uncredited)
Camera: Xavier Perez Grobet, Sergei Astakhov
Music: Gia Kancheli
Art Direction: Maria Haard, Yosune Lasa, Gregor Mager, Elena Zhukova
With: Rebecka Liljeberg, Joachim Krol, Sergei Bodrov, Jr., Keith Allen

Lola is a sullen, misfit teenager in a family of European circus performers. Surrounded by eccentric, often drunk adults, her only friend is a Siberian bear named (what else) Misha, a gift from her father. Lola discovers one morning that Misha is in reality (or at least in her reality) a shape-shifting man. At this point, the film becomes particularly indebted to the archetypal, folkloric animal-groom narrative. As in that tradition, the film uses the suitor's dual biological status as a metaphor for the girl's transition from one stage of life to the next, for the adolescent's simultaneous desire for a warm, paternal chest on which to chastely rest her head, and a hairless, muscular lover. When Misha asks her whether she wants him as a bear or a man, Lola responds sincerely that she wants both. That solution becomes increasingly untenable as the film progresses and culminates in a series of fateful (and fatal) choices that the lovers must make.

One of the most notable elements of the film is the varied music, both diegetic and extra-diegetic; the soundtrack and the on-screen musical performances reflect the itinerant life of the circus people as they move across Europe, from Russia to Sweden, across Germany, and, finally, to Spain. Both the thematics and the tone of the film are something of a departure for Bodrov, who has favored a broader socio-political and historical perspective in his previous work. The film also testifies to the director's increasingly international (read: non-Russian) thematic interests. Ultimately, the highly Euro-clectic Bear's Kiss might be most concisely described as a minor-key hybrid of motifs from Beauty and the Beast, King Kong, La Strada, and Born Free.
German DVB-Rip:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [814.51 Mb]

I hope you like it. ;)

greetz

DonPromillo
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Bear's Kiss (Sweden, Germany, Russ, France, Sp. 20

Post by kev »   1 likes

MMMM!! Rebecka Liljeberg!!! :inlove:

[Image]

[Image]

Got this movie a couple of years ago [at least] on DVD!
This German/Swedish/Russian/Spanish/French/Italian co-production (in English, of course) has to do with a circus girl and her bear, which is really a mystical shape-shifter that occasionally turns into a human to become her lover (I don’t know, some kind of Siberian legend thing). It stars as the circus girl one Rebecka Liljeberg, who is a kind of spectacularly untalented Anna Paquin on downers, and Director Sergei Bodrov’s late son Sergi Jr. as the bear/lover, who’s a better actor when he’s the bear.
:P

I don't care WHAT he says; Rebecka Liljeberg makes me wanna just hug her and keep her safe!! She has a fairly hot love scene towards the end with the late Sergei Bodrov Jr. (She's supposed to be 13, though Rebecca was 19 at the time filming began... Still she LOOKED young!) Well worth the time downloading!!

kev.
For An Angel

Post by For An Angel »   20 likes

with hardcoded english subtitles...

Like this post to see ed2k links  [768.75 Mb]

This is the first time I've used eMule to share a file on this site so please let me know if it doesn't work.
panchu1234

Post by panchu1234 »   1 likes

goku33

Re: [REL] Bear's Kiss (2002)

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0283915/

[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]