[REL] Dom s privideniyami (1987)

deadman

Re: [REL] Dom s privideniyami (1987)

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:57 am I agree that an old faded film print that looks like it has been dragged across the floor is not ideal, but is there anything available that looks BETTER? I really would prefer a recommendation rather than having to download every version I can find. I have seen versions of this that look worse, and I knew not to get my hopes up when I saw the latest sources were Telecine. But I am skeptical about the possibility of FIXING something with this damage with anything but a full restoration team and a lot of money. Maybe someone has the negative for a proper restoration someday.

So far I prefer the blizzardkid 3.29Gb TС-Rip because it looks basically the same as the huge original but is much smaller. I am still fighting with syncing the Russian subs. Maybe by accident I will end up getting better at reading phonetically the Cyrillic alphabet, which is at least a start to learning some of the language.

To restore this would require multiple copies of either negatives or final prints. Where one is damaged others won't be, and you can reconstruct all the pixels as they originally were. Then correct any brightness and color variations. Digital restoration requires choices to be made by the restorer in every damaged shot. A long and tedious process, which no one is likely to do unless they anticipate sales that will turn a profit - or they have enough money and love the movie enough to restore it at their own expense.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

The TC version looks like someone filmed it from the screen. Loos alomost like a Cam-Rip.

I also got the 3.29 GB file fom blizzardkid to compared it to the large file. It's looks exactly the same. There was only one strange thing: I could download the uloz links at full speed. :o
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Actually, filmed-from-the-screen versions of movies that I see are wobbly and go out of focus and have terrible sound, even when the source is good. To me this really DOES look like an unrestored scan of a faded and scratched print done on a telecine scanner. It looks like the quality of films we used to watch in grade school! :D I think this is the best presentation possible of that compromised source. It needs a better source!

The discussion at blizzardkid seems to suggest to me that this is a politically controversial film of some sort, so I do not know if currently it would be officially IN favor, or OUT of favor. But then, the comments there DO tend to get ferocious at times. It could just be the usual Internet hyperbole. But I dunno that anyone wants to put the money into a restoration. (As deadman discussed.)

I was surprised at the ulozto speed too. I have seen an ulozto upload option (newly implemented?) that allows a user to donate their download quota to anyone getting their files. I presume that once the quota is used up, it goes back to slow speed. Any uploader with a paid account would have a larger quota available for them to share.
marvingray

Post by marvingray »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:43 am The discussion at blizzardkid seems to suggest to me that this is a politically controversial film of some sort, so I do not know if currently it would be officially IN favor, or OUT of favor.
What? Really? I wonder if it could be something as simple as the main female character being a bit of a tomboy or some complex soviet era theme in the film...

I remember reading an interesting comment on the YT copy of Where are you, Bagheera? (1976) children's film (https://youtu.be/R3YdJAHGydE):
(google translated)
"A girl like found her destiny - to train dogs, and along the way she understood some important things in life. After all, this is primarily Soviet propaganda, which is served through the prism of the relationship between a girl and a dog. Reconsider the moment where the children in the circle tell Tanya that they would never raise someone else's dog and that the leader tells them about it. If she decided to return the dog no matter what, this whole message would thereby be thrown into the trash."

I'd like to know what is controversial about this movie, the cultural differences I find in some of these (to me)foreign films are interesting.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I really am in no position to judge the merits of what native Russians say about Soviet-era propaganda, and I would not do it here at FLM anyway. But your example is similar to what I read on the blizzardkid Chrome page-translate, although some of the commenters there can be hilariously foul. That is not an argument I would step into!
marvingray

Post by marvingray »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:22 pm I really am in no position to judge the merits of what native Russians say about Soviet-era propaganda, and I would not do it here at FLM anyway. But your example is similar to what I read on the blizzardkid Chrome page-translate, although some of the commenters there can be hilariously foul. That is not an argument I would step into!
oh gotcha, I wasn't looking for anything spicey, just a morbid curiosity really.
ArtasKo

Post by ArtasKo »   0 likes

ulozto & dosya on blizzarkid no longer working. Can anyone share 3.29 Gb TC-Rip version?
ferdi111

Post by ferdi111 »   0 likes

Rutracker has sime options the biggest one ca 15gb https://rutracker.org/forum/tracker.php ... %B8%201987
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   23 likes

ArtasKo wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:47 am ulozto & dosya on blizzarkid no longer working. Can anyone share 3.29 Gb TC-Rip version?
Fair warning: Before you download, first read the previous posts about the generally terrible video quality so that you do not expect too much. It seems all versions look like crud.
vlcsnap-2024-02-20-10h05m49s073.png
vlcsnap-2024-02-20-10h05m57s200.png
vlcsnap-2024-02-20-10h06m13s461.png
vlcsnap-2024-02-20-10h06m35s543.png
vlcsnap-2024-02-20-10h07m16s498.png
vlcsnap-2024-02-20-10h07m29s440.png
Specifications:

Code: Select all

General           : Дом с привидениями (1987).mp4
Format            : MPEG-4 at 5 362 kb/s
Length            : 3.30 GiB for 1 h 27 min 59 s 939 ms
Video #0          : AVC at 5 095 kb/s
Aspect            : 1920 x 816 (2.353) at 24.000 fps
Audio #0          : AAC at 265 kb/s
Infos             : 2 channels, 44.1 kHz [Russian]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.30 Gb]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

no-one-found subtitles for this yet?