[REL] Romeo et Juliette (2006)

reptile12

Re: [REL] Romeo et Juliette (2006)

Post by reptile12 »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:26 am Hey deadman, thanks for those updated links, and thank you reptile for those subs! Glad to have another subber on board. What projects do you plan on taking up?
If you have any recommendations that would be helpful... I tried to look through to remember which movies were missing subs and it's a bit difficult so doing it slowly. I haven't decided on the next one yet
pillowbaker

Re: [REL] Romeo et Juliette (2006)

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

I am curious about this film, now that reptile has provided subtitles. I don't know much about this version of Romeo et Juliette, but general info says it has turned away from classic French renditions of Shakespeare and made its own version, dialogue-wise. But I was curious if I looked, I'd find any original French translations of Shakespeare that were translated back into English. Always fun when that happens!

reptile12 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:28 amIf you have any recommendations that would be helpful... I tried to look through to remember which movies were missing subs and it's a bit difficult so doing it slowly. I haven't decided on the next one yet
reptile12, I know what you're feeling. When I first wanted a new project to start, I was unsure and had little recollection of what previously needed subbing. Then before I realized it, I had plenty of projects on my plate!

Do I remember correctly that you have experience with Russian? I think The Boy from 5B aka Chudak iz pyatogo B aka Чудак из пятого Б (1972) could use English subtitles. Looks like there are already good Russian subs, so no need to whisper-transcribe them. Of course, you could if you wanted to anyways, and then use whisper to help translate them. What do you think?