Download from Youtube

All hardware and software related discussion topics here. Advice, discussion and opinions on either topic are welcome.
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: Download from Youtube

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Congratulations! :icon_party
Triela wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:48 amPlease let me know if this works for you.
I hope I was not leading you on, Triela. I had no intention of using this for myself! I admire clever coding that accomplishes useful tasks, and was drawn in by your enthusiasm. I really wanted to see you get this to work, because YOU wanted it. I can read code just well enough to take a nerdy interest in your solution. I totally believe that you got it working, so I do not need to confirm it for myself. I want to keep typing out Command Line commands in PART as a test of my memory. As in, "If I remember how to do this then I guess my brain is still working somewhat." Also I like seeing demonstrations of skill. I can watch gymnastics but never could do and never will attempt any of the movements. :lol:

(I still want to know in what documentation where you discovered the -cit option and how it works for captions.)

If anyone else wants to try out the .bat file, please report back the results.
Triela

Post by Triela »   0 likes

Sure, sure, i can appreciate your muscle memory stance in this. Good for you. All the same, I wonder if you still might try it, even if just once, as a TESTER. This also, requires mental aptitude, mental exercise and since it is of a DIFFERENT kind than what you are used to, it's a good thing for YOU. Variation is good for the brain and all that.

the -cit option i got from the Bing AI. AI is truly kind of useful when it comes to asking about programming and stuff. But it DOES give the wrong answer 67% of the time, IDK why that happens. It got the most difficult part, the passing of the clipboard content to the batch file, wrong kind of A LOT, so there... but the other parts, like the menu, it got right on the first time I asked it.

PS
Personally, I think Simone Biles will be so, so SO jealous of you whenever you give gymnastics a shot... :lol: :D :mrgreen:
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

You have heard of old dogs and new tricks, right? :mrgreen: I am happy when I remember the old tricks!
Triela wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:07 pm the -cit option i got from the Bing AI.
Now I want to know where BING got the answer! It not in the online documentation!
But it DOES give the wrong answer 67% of the time
I guess that would be like a grade school teacher relying on students for accurate information, particularly ones who are known to be "creative" with the truth. Verifying it is a must.
Triela

Post by Triela »   1 likes

tbf, the clipboard-to-batch file variable, it got that wrong like 4 or 5 times. might have been the way I asked it, but still...

For example, (one of many) the powershell Get-Clipboard did NOT work for me, maybe it would on a properly, properTy installed Windows 8.1 My Windows 10 ... i just put my old SSD in my new laptop, but it got a lot of memleaks, other stuff might be ''off'' too...
Triela

Post by Triela »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:47 pm It not in the online documentation!
It not??? :?: :?: :?: ;) ;)