How to use emule/

Post any eMule-related questions and FAQ's here.
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: How to use emule/

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Darnit, turns out I misunderstood the meaning of Drive Wiper so it is not as funny, and not so dangerous. It just makes sure that the free areas of your drive are permanently deleted so snoopers can not find out what you had been doing. If you accidentally delete something and then wipe the drive, you might regret it. Really it is just erasing your tracks. It looks like CCleaner has taken over more of the tools that I used to go to RevoUninstaller for.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

If you recommend CCleaner, I can give it another try. I used to use it a lot more, long ago, and when I tried it again on my current machine, I had found it so bloated and always throwing out pop ups for the premium version. I wonder if it has more option than Revo, though.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

I would still absolutely use Revo for complete uninstalls, rather than Windows or CC. It just took so long to load with all my installed software that it was not always desirable to just use its Tools when I could do the same faster elsewhere! (I have not gotten around to reinstalling Revo yet, but I will.) It probably still has many more Tools than CC, but I was pleased that I *already* had a duplicate finder and it was fast. I am not familiar with goku's suggestions but I *DO* like open source software, and they probably have more features than what CC has. I was just adding another suggestion.

CC surely wants me to Upgrade to Premium but I don't get popups from it for that ... so far. I can't find any CC setting I enabled that would do that, so it may be because of some general Windows setting I changed that works to block them instead. I dunno!

Windows has gotten better at helping the user remove "crap" but it is a multi-step time-consuming process. Once CC was set with my preferences, it takes just a few clicks and less than half a minute. But I don't obsessively use it every day like I used to.
gueteke

Post by gueteke »   0 likes

Any emule servers working?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes