[REL] Ask Me About My Shirt (2013) [Canada]

Short films and movies available on-line at Vimeo, YouTube and similar sites can be posted here once they have an ed2k link.
Rhisis66

Re: [REL] Ask Me About My Shirt (2013) [Canada]

Post by Rhisis66 »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am
you could use this tool https://studio.moises.ai/ to separate voices and music
Yes, that would be a way to fix it. I use Ultimate Vocal Remover. It gives you the best quality and it's for free.
https://ultimatevocalremover.com/
even better :lol: the audio are not to bad, but the post production are catastrophic :roll:
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   2 likes

Well, I saw it as a challenge and really worked on the audio track. I splitted it up in two separate tracks (dialogue and music/background noises) and changed some levels. Everything should sound more balanced now. Let me know, what you think:

Code: Select all

https://pixeldrain.com/u/zExTpcpE
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

That really was a nice short. I just watched it. Thanks for finding, pillowbaker.
Spoiler:

Marshmallows are pillowy soft. :mrgreen:
One last correction for your subtitles:
00:18:17,652 --> 00:18:21,880
If it doesn't,
I want you to have this.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

You fixed the audio and THEN watched it????
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:55 pm You fixed the audio and THEN watched it????
I watched it from the beginning to the end when everything was finished, yes. :oops:
Night457
Global Moderator

I trust your audio fixing skills, but it just seems weird to me not to watch it once first!
Rhisis66

Post by Rhisis66 »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:14 pm Well, I saw it as a challenge and really worked on the audio track. I splitted it up in two separate tracks (dialogue and music/background noises) and changed some levels. Everything should sound more balanced now. Let me know, what you think:

Code: Select all

https://pixeldrain.com/u/zExTpcpE
[Image]

My ears do not hurts anymore.. thank you :lol:
Night457
Global Moderator

Yes, thank you, my second viewing I did not have to rattle the windows with the music to have the dialog close to audible!

This time I focused on the crazy Colby-obsessed girl, and especially enjoyed her Glenn Close "Fatal Attraction" impression:
1.png
2.png
3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

First of all, thank you ghost for fixing the audio on this nice short film. And thank you for the final correction of that line.

Several lines eluded me the first few times I watched the short. Even when the audio level was decent, some of the dialogue was mushed. They tricked whisper a number of times as well. I did use whisper for the skeletal structure of the subs, and played the troubled audio areas over and over, with speakers and headphones.

Some difficult spots were:
"Laura's parents know Colby's parents!"

And the part right before "It's a dog, not a boyfriend." It sounds like "It's alright, I guess," but I am still not sure.

"and then, it didn't turn out right,
so we went to the lake..." (this part was intentionally faded out but I still wanted to get what I could of it)

"Oh, it's just fiber..." (also an intentional fade out, not necessary to include, but I like challenges, too)

"Well, then I don't want to mess it up." Very quiet, still unsure if this is entirely correct.

I have switched out my rip for ghost's audio correction on emule, and updated the subs again. I look forward to watching it again!

EDIT: rewatched. Fixed three more errors. Reupped subs.