[REL] Simindis Kundzuli / Corn Island (2014) [Georgia]

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Simindis Kundzuli / Corn Island (2014) [Georgia]

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

deadman wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:24 pm This is one I periodically check to see if there's an Amazon Prime or similar streaming version available.
What about this version?
viewtopic.php?p=99246#p99246
deadman

Post by deadman »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:18 pm
deadman wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:24 pm This is one I periodically check to see if there's an Amazon Prime or similar streaming version available.
What about this version?
https://www.first-loves.com/forums/view ... 246#p99246

Definitely an improvement over the DVD, but it looks like upconverted 720p rather than true 1080p. Sometimes even the amzn web-dl's are upconverted 1080p - the one for Moonlight is like that. Sometimes for whatever reason the rightsholders don't release a full HD source. Who knows why?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Because it costs money they may not have.
atube78

Post by atube78 »   0 likes

Anywhere I can download an HD version of this that's not an emule link? Been trying to find a torrent but no luck.
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

atube78 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:38 pm Anywhere I can download an HD version of this that's not an emule link? Been trying to find a torrent but no luck.

If you're unable (or unwilling) to install eMule you're extremely limited as to what you can grab from this site.

As for HD, there is no true 1080p version of this film. There likely won't ever be a commercial bluray release of Corn Island, since it's a small indie production and if they were going to release it that way they would have ten years ago. A streaming 1080p version is a future possibility. It doesn't seem to exist at the moment, but that could always change. Until then Ghost's file, posted here:

is the best we've got. Probably upconverted 720p rather than true 1080p - but better quality than the DVD. You'll have to eMule it though. It's worth your while to take the small amount of time to familiarize yourself with this venerable software. Go here:

eMule Homepage

You can get the download, there's a Help & Support section that includes a basic online user's manual, and a forum if you still need help (which you probably won't).
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

deadman wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:02 am
atube78 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:38 pm Anywhere I can download an HD version of this that's not an emule link? Been trying to find a torrent but no luck.

If you're unable (or unwilling) to install eMule you're extremely limited as to what you can grab from this site.

As for HD, there is no true 1080p version of this film. There likely won't ever be a commercial bluray release of Corn Island, since it's a small indie production and if they were going to release it that way they would have ten years ago. A streaming 1080p version is a future possibility. It doesn't seem to exist at the moment, but that could always change. Until then Ghost's file, posted here:

viewtopic.php?p=99246#p99246

is the best we've got. Probably upconverted 720p rather than true 1080p - but better quality than the DVD. You'll have to eMule it though. It's worth your while to take the small amount of time to familiarize yourself with this venerable software. Go here:

eMule Homepage

You can get the download, there's a Help & Support section that includes a basic online user's manual, and a forum if you still need help (which you probably won't).
Even ghosts version from the Norwegian streaming site isn’t true (full)HD?
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

To my eyes it looks like true HD. Hard to tell.

But check for yourself.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:13 pm
To my eyes it looks like true HD. Hard to tell.

But check for yourself.
I don’t accept that as an answer!

:) :D :D :D :) :) just kidding
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I don’t accept that as an answer!
[Image]
atube78

Post by atube78 »   0 likes

OK thanks for the info
deadman wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:02 am
Spoiler:

is the best we've got. Probably upconverted 720p rather than true 1080p - but better quality than the DVD.
You'll have to eMule it though. It's worth your while to take the small amount of time to familiarize yourself with this venerable software. Go here:
Spoiler:

eMule Homepage