[REL] Kočičí princ AKA Katzenprinz (1978)

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Kočičí princ AKA Katzenprinz (1978)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

How do you MEGA upload so fast? It seems to take me forever, even when MEGA downloads are super speedy.

Thank you!
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

It seems I am given a pretty decent upload rate. Maxing it out over mega (or other browser uploading platforms) does not seem to bother the ISP as much. Unfortunately, if I max it out over emule, or even get close, I think that gets me on some sort of auto-limiting control. I have been wondering how to get around that, or if this is something a proper VPN would assist with.

Anyways, hope Kočičí princ looks good, and I look forward to seeing that DVD, if DreamScape is able to gather it. And whatever remux you end up making, too!
DreamScape

Re: [REL] Kocicí princ aka Katzenprinz (1978)

Post by DreamScape »   16 likes

Night457 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:01 am
DreamScape wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:44 am I could get a DVD or a 720p HDTV vid with logo in Czech.
I could KISS YOU, DreamScape!!!! ( ˘ ³˘)♥

If I have a choice I would prefer the clean DVD, but either would be great! Thank you!
I actually started to grab both but suspended the HDTV video for now after seeing pillowbaker's replies. It was downloading very slowly anyway (only had 10% of it when I paused it).

Here is the ED2K if you're able to pry the DVD from my hard drive. Otherwise I can upload it to a file host when I have more time.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.88 Gb]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Pillowbaker - I am convinced that VPNs slow down traffic. The best way to get good speed is to shut off all other sharing and stand out in the open, screaming up at all the spy satellites "COME ON, GET ME!!! HERE I AM!!! I AIN'T HIDIN' FROM YA!"

Your file finished downloading some time ago but I have been posting so much and checking some of my other completed downloads that I have not looked at it yet!

EDIT: Pillowbaker's MEGA file looks and sounds great, audio is synced with lip-flap, woo hoo!
vlcsnap-2024-03-13-03h33m28s192.png
vlcsnap-2024-03-13-03h33m59s607.png
|
DreamScape - THANK YOU!!! We connected right away. My download speeds may be slow because of all my other eMule/torrent/JD2 traffic right now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Czech, English, Russian, French subtitles: https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search ... ovie-53365

The English subtitles are already synced exactly to DreamScape's Czech DVD:
Kocicí princ (1979).CZECH-PALdvd.en.srt
|
I have decided I am NOT going to do a remux, for a couple reasons.
Spoiler:

The three main versions I looked at all have audio properly in sync within the video itself. I am completely satisfied with DreamScape's DVD with original Czech language audio, and the Deaf Boys subtitle is already perfectly synced to it. Both the German DVD and 1080p Czech HDTV are apparently from later film masters, and add about 2.5 and 2.0 seconds respectively over the course of the runtime. This means remuxed audio will not sync up unless something is stretched or compressed. Of course the German dub (like any dub) is not exactly in sync with the original audio, so it will not be exactly in sync with the taken-from-Czech subtitles either, even after adjusting for the slightly extended runtime. The German DVD does generally look better, but not a LOT better. And I figure if someone prefers a dub over the original, it is mainly because they KNOW the dubbed language and don't need or want the subtitles.
Thank you both, DreamScape and pillowbaker!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.