Cccccccccccc

Post any eMule-related questions and FAQ's here.
Debaser

Cccccccccccc

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

Anyone getting lots of Cccccccccccccc's in seach results?
rmt@36

Re: Cccccccccccc

Post by rmt@36 »   0 likes

Lately I have been getting a lot of them

What is it?

Another version of spam or something
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Yes. These too are results from fake servers. If you can spot which servers these are coming from, delete them, put them in your IPFilter and let us know so we can do the same.
Debaser

searching using KAD
emuler

You think there are no fake KAD clients out there? ;)

Also there are those who download all search results and don't bother to clean up afterwards. :naughty
Debaser

I don’t even know WTF KAD is, all I know is that it was suggested to me as being safer, and so I us it.

Anyway, when I search for something I expect the results to contain the word I used.
Regardless of there being fake servers (of course there are), what I want to know is how a different name comes up to what I searched for.

Files become renamed, but you should not have the renamed file name appear when you search, it simply doesn’t make sense.
emuler

When you search, your client sends a request to servers (or other clients if you're using KAD - that's Kademlia). The servers (or clients) send their responses, and your client collects this information and displays it in the results window. I don't think any filtering is done at the client end to make sure that the resuts displayed actually contain the terms searched for. This is an interesting point; I'll ask at the eMule Plus forum if something can be done about it.