Adding trailers and latest releases to the original OP

Problems, requests or comments regarding forums or the main site go here.
Rich_Visiting

Adding trailers and latest releases to the original OP

Post by Rich_Visiting »   0 likes

What are peoples thoughts on adding the trailer of a movie to the original OP? Also, the latest release to a movie could be added to the OP. That way all the information is presented at the OP. I'm not suggesting it to be done to every thread all at once, just as they come up. Just an idea :idea:
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: Adding trailers and latest releases to the original OP

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

Anyone can post whatever additional information they like - synopses, addition information, trailers, screen caps, download sources, etc. it's all appreciated. The mods have often had to work overtime to 'fill in the blanks' when a post had nothing but a title.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

I agree with Phuz. Any information to a movie is helpful and we mods have less work to do ;)

I wouldn't add a new rule that posting a trailer is mandatory.
Rich_Visiting

Ok guys fair point there :thumbsup If FLM became more of a reference resource in the future then I think that's where it would be worth doing, similar to IMDB that presents the film and info on a main page.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I think IMDB is a for-profit site that relies on advertising. I dunno about anyone else, but I don't wanna see advertising here at FLM! Adding more to the first post would require either the cooperation of the original poster or the intervention of the moderators, and I think they have enough work as it is. But if FLM goes to a for-profit model, they can get paid for their work. (Though I won't be here anymore to see this new, improved FLM.)
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

Rich_Visiting wrote:What are peoples thoughts on adding the trailer of a movie to the original OP? Also, the latest release to a movie could be added to the OP. That way all the information is presented at the OP. I'm not suggesting it to be done to every thread all at once, just as they come up. Just an idea :idea:
We already do that, just not to the original post. If someone wants to add a trailer, synopsis, cover art, screen shots, director commentary, blooper reels, whatever, then bring it. If you mean to add that stuff to the original post in a thread, the question is "why?" If someone doesn't want to read the rest of the thread, why is that our problem?
Rich_Visiting wrote:If FLM became more of a reference resource in the future then I think that's where it would be worth doing, similar to IMDB that presents the film and info on a main page.
Mods would have to do ALL the work. I don't think you have a true grasp of how much work that would be and how much time it would take. We don't censor or change people's posts without good reason - editing their donations is almost like putting your name on someone else's book. Inserting a new post isn't really do-able with phpBB.
Rich_Visiting

:thumbsup
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Might be useful to mark the best link currently available for a film. Usually it is the last one posted in a thread, but not always.

I get what Phuzzy is saying, especially given the context that a thread often starts out as a [REQ] with very little information, and then stuff gets added in by whoever finds it.