[REQ] Ginny Aur Johnny (1976)

emuler

[REQ] Ginny Aur Johnny (1976)

Post by emuler »   1 likes

IMDB has this as Ginny Aur Johny I wonder why. :roll: EDIT: has been corrected. :roll:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452236/

[Image]

Ginny Aur Johnny is a comedy cum drama movie. The story is of a con man named Johnny (Mehmood) and a nine years old girl Ginny (played by Mehmood's own daughter). Ginny's mother Rosie (Hema Malini) died in an accident and Ginni is left alone. Johnny comes to visit Rosie and during this time he comes to know about her death. Thus, some people of her village request Johnny to take Ginny to an orphanage at Ooty. On the way Johnny who is a con man, visits those places where somebody had died and by taking their names he sells holy books to the families. The journey consists of numerous slapstick events and interesting banter with each other. However some tragedy happens and they both get estranged. Watch the movie to find out whether they can get back together or not

This is allegedly a ripoff of Paper Moon. Good stuff, better than the usual Bollywood crap. The girl is the actor Mehmood's own daughter. These are all the screenshots I could find, but I just watched this on cable and there are several scenes that are more interesting.

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]
Last edited by emuler on Mon May 10, 2021 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ptguardian

Re: [REQ] Ginny Aur Johnny (1976)

Post by ptguardian »   1 likes

emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

There are VCD and DVD versions available, but since this is an old film I wonder if the quality will be any better than what's on dailymotion or youtube. Even the print I saw on cable wasn't great. HD has spoiled us. :roll:
Andrej1984

Post by Andrej1984 »   2 likes

emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Good find. However, at 2 hours 13 minutes, this looks like a cut version. The official duration is 2 hours 21 minutes. Please keep looking.
pistachio

Post by pistachio »   3 likes

Damn. This is actually good. (And Ginny is painfully beautiful, in all her low-res glory)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xbbXmg27CXU Still cut, but there are no watermarks.

That musical bit at 24:25. Yum. <3

[Image]