Cinema, progressivism and politically correct; The extinction of OT movies.

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
Airwolf

Cinema, progressivism and politically correct; The extinction of OT movies.

Post by Airwolf »   0 likes

In recent years there have been many changes in the way cinema is made, whether it is more inclusive with minorities, or others that at this time have raised controversy such as Cuties despite not resembling Spin Wier Liebe or Pretty Baby, Many cause them annoyance.

Lately I do not see any movie with any questionable theme or at least with some OT scene the last time was with The Tutor by Ivan Noel although there is also The Trouble with Being Born but since the scene is digital, I do not put it on the list. It seems to the filmmakers little does it occur to include OT in their films and in fact showing any actor on the screen naked is an obligation, if not it is to show any daily life in people such as eating and sleeping and I see that kind of cinema is a way of extinction.
Zorijer

Re: Cinema, progressivism and politically correct; The extinction of OT movies.

Post by Zorijer »   0 likes

The issue with taboos is the unwillingness to talk about them. Perhaps the more people who disagree with a fashionable taboo are willing to be open about that, the more comfortable others become with developing their own disagreement and the more quickly it will pass.
Infinity

Post by Infinity »   0 likes

OT scenes shouldn't be there just because of OT, it should fit the story and be appropriate for the characters. I don't tend to watch many shows that are produced in recent years however I have noticed that most tend to cut out "daily life" which does include naked scenes.
[Image]
Kym Karath is pretty stinkin' cute, read about my favourite 1960s child actress!
Tiny Blondie

Post by Tiny Blondie »   0 likes

Naked scenes are secondary compared with the message of the film. Recent movies like Mein erstes Wunder (2002) or Lamb (2015) are more interesting than Spin Wier Liebe from that point of view.
Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Airwolf wrote:... despite not resembling Spin Wier Liebe or Pretty Baby, Many cause them annoyance.
Tiny Blondie wrote:...more interesting than Spin Wier Liebe from that point of view.
OK, I give up. WHAT movie are you two talking about!??!?! I have searched "spin wier liebe" and all sorts of variations on that spelling and can not find anything. Are you talking in code?
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

I think Tiny is talking about Maladolescenza (German title was "Spielen wir Liebe").

Yes, there are some movies from the 70ies or 80ies which very totally impossible to produce nowadays... Times did change a lot since then :roll:
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

THANK YOU!!!! What was most annoying was that the title was almost familiar to me, but I could not figure out why. That is definitely what they must be talking about. All the other movies mentioned I knew and had seen multiple times, so surely this one also ...
Infinity

Post by Infinity »   0 likes

ghost wrote:I think Tiny is talking about Maladolescenza (German title was "Spielen wir Liebe").

Yes, there are some movies from the 70ies or 80ies which very totally impossible to produce nowadays... Times did change a lot since then :roll:
Society has progressed since then in most respects however I do think there's some things we've lost in the name of progress, which is sad to see. Maybe we'll get them back one day? :)
[Image]
Kym Karath is pretty stinkin' cute, read about my favourite 1960s child actress!
Airwolf

Post by Airwolf »   0 likes

I knew that Eva Ionesco movie by that name, only I spelled it wrong.

Another recent movie was The Tale (2018) despite it could be very controversial in reality it would not even be posted in FLM because it used body double, the scene reminds me of the idyll between Ionesco and Loeb (in this case he is an adult) could have been included Some topless of Jessica Sarah Flaum even the controversial scenes would have been visual and not graphic (Only covered with a blanket and pretending) maybe the filmmakers take it into account.
Rich_Visiting

Post by Rich_Visiting »   2 likes

Ok, I left, but whatever...

I would say it only reflects the success of the spread of US ideology. Why do you think that torrent/ed2k aren't shut down lol, I'm serious; VeryCD has been going a long, long, long time. It's a lot easier (and cheaper) to convert a population with social influence than dropping bombs lol. After all... "We're all living in Amerika, Amerika ist wunderbar".

Anyway, I think your point must split into two groups; 'coming of age' (where the sexuality of the girl is recognised) and 'child' (where it is not). So, this is an important distiction, now and even back then. A good example for 'child' is Alice in the Cities, where the girl is having a conversation with the guy in the bath and it would not even seem strange at all in DDR times. Even say, L'Isola 2003 where the girl is swimming, and also developed, she is seen as child, so nothing strange there. But of course now even 'child' is unacceptible, and the spread of this idea from US makes it so everywhere. The best source of raw, realistic child / teen movies used to be via film fesitvals, but it soon came to be a 'woke' show, rather than anything of realism. I guess around 2003 ishhh the minority aspect started creeping in to the film festivals, so that was a while ago!

But anyway, also, your question probably comes to what I was annoyed about 10+ years ago; child labour laws. Film directors/studios are very reluctant to cast children because of laws that they must also be in school. So, annoyingly they started casting 18+ yo as 14 yo or less child. Also, much easier to work with an 18 yo who can remember lines than a 13 yo who is all over the place. There is no conspiracy here, and I would not usually say that lol.

But at the same time, lack of availability increases sensitivity, so even if no OT then the story will eventually provide what is needed for you (us?) lol.