[REL] I'm the same I'm an other (2013)

ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] I'm the same I'm an other (2013)

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Rustyh wrote:Is there a link or website to watch or download the video I would like to have it or be able to watch it
Hi, and welcome to FLM.

We use eMule for sharing files. If you don't know how to use it, we have a setup guide here: https://www.first-loves.com/forums/view ... =69&t=7279
Rustyh

Post by Rustyh »   0 likes

How do I get the emule for Android phone
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   212 likes

I worked on this very speacial movie:

Colors corrected, I removed the ugly compression artifacts, AI upscaled to Full HD.

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.65 Gb]
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

ghost wrote:Colors corrected, I removed the ugly compression artifacts, AI upscaled to Full HD
That's brilliant, cheers! :icon_cool4

Don't go quietly into the night.
ditto

Post by ditto »   1 likes

Hello!

Thanks for all the RELs on this "series"!

And just for your information... :!: https://www.filmneweurope.com/news/hung ... -treatment
endurro

Post by endurro »   0 likes

Could someone please make a transcription of the English monologue (poem?) that you hear against the black screen before the title of the film appears? Time 00:26:901 - 00:52:880.

The transcription does not have to include the time codes. I will adjust them myself. It is sufficient that the verses are written down. Thanks!
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   2 likes

endurro wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:19 pm Could someone please make a transcription of the English monologue (poem?) that you hear against the black screen before the title of the film appears? Time 00:26:901 - 00:52:880.

The transcription does not have to include the time codes. I will adjust them myself. It is sufficient that the verses are written down. Thanks!

Who looks on the shape of a fish grow giant on the side of his bowl?
Who walks on the terrace observing foliage from above?
Who hears the snapping of plastic that wraps like cellophane bare branches of climbers?
You don't know, and I who descend the stairs, neither.
I am the same, I am an other.

Edit: If you would like some exposition regarding a few of the lines and possible meaning, let me know.

Edit: Bare, not bear. I interpreted it as a verb, as in, to bear the weight of the branches of the climbers.
Last edited by pillowbaker on Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Poetry interpretation is my weakness, but perhaps it is "bare" branches as in without leaves? Are "branches of climbers" ivy? Bewildered by the metaphor there!
endurro

Post by endurro »   1 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:13 pm
endurro wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:19 pm Could someone please make a transcription of the English monologue (poem?) that you hear against the black screen before the title of the film appears? Time 00:26:901 - 00:52:880.

Who looks on the shape of a fish grow giant on the side of his bowl?
Who walks on the terrace observing foliage from above?
Who hears the snapping of plastic that wraps like cellophane bear branches of climbers?
You don't know, and I who descend the stairs, neither.
I am the same, I am an other.

Edit: If you would like some exposition regarding a few of the lines and possible meaning, let me know.
Thanks for the transcription.
This poetry and the metaphors in it are indeed difficult for me.
I grasp the meaning but am not sure I understand them correctly.
That's usually the case with poetry. It is difficult to translate. It is easier to assimilate the original.

I don't know exactly what to ask. I have to think it through.
I had a little hope that this was the work of a well-known poet and that maybe someone had already translated his poetry into my native language.

P.S.
Knowing the transcription, I was able to find the author of this poem.

The author is Gianluca Manzi.
https://www.facebook.com/historyofliter ... 979948646/
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:37 pm Poetry interpretation is my weakness, but perhaps it is "bare" branches as in without leaves? Are "branches of climbers" ivy? Bewildered by the metaphor there!
I was considering the "bare" adjective as well, but for some reason, I envisaged the plastic bearing the branches (in my mind limbs) of climbers. But this sentence would not sound quite correct with the verb "bear" without a conjunction "that" and putting the verb in the third-person present, "bears".

And with endurro's link, you were correct, Night! Though that moment "bare" does still sound awkwardly connected to the previous words. Though proper poetry may easily bounce around these rules.

I watched the first few minutes of the film. It does seem like my kind of intense, unorthodox drama.