ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Sonagi (1979)

Post by ghost »   1 likes

It's on Youtube in Full HD and English subtitles:

pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   18 likes

Meant to say thank you for this HD youtube link last year! This one looks really good, and the image quality is excellent.

I also found an emule link, most likely ghost's. It ok if I post it?

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.61 Gb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [43.5 Kb]

I was going to ask if the emuled file was sourced from the YT link, but I saw the slight time difference, indicating the YT link is 23.9 fps and emule file is 25 fps. The emuled file is also over double the size of what I downloaded from youtube.

Curious experiment for those who have both files. At the very beginning of both files, between the 3 and 5 second range, there is a little tonal sound effect for the Korean Film Archive credit animation. I know some people say they can hear the difference between 23.9 and 25 fps, whereas I've been blissfully ignorant. But it might be different here. Can anyone hear any different in the tone between the two?

Honestly, I don't want to notice this, and it doesn't bother me, but I was wondering if anyone could notice, or if it's just in my head, where the rest of all the tonal ringing is. ;)
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Funny coincidence that you should post this film, since I was just thinking about it! I have seen it before and had just rewatched another Korean film (not FLM), that has a scene parodying it. I had downloaded the YouTube link a year ago but had not yet rewatched Sonagi itself.
pillowbaker wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:08 amCan anyone hear any different in the tone between the two?
Boy, are you crazy! :crazy This is something I can notice sometimes, but only if I listen to one version immediately after the other. I can not say I have an especially musical ear, but it is in music that I am most likely to hear a difference. Here, I hear a difference in the final "bell ring" before the blocks that make up the logo finish assembling. The rest of that jingle I can not distinguish.

It's a really good movie, you should watch it, even past the opening precredit part!