[REL] Volver (2006)

idler

[REL] Volver (2006)

Post by idler »   14 likes

Tired of American Junior-High-Summer-Camp-movies? Have a look at Yohana Cobo in Pedro Almodóvar's "Volver".
IMDb wrote:Volver ("To Return") occurs in Spain in 2006. Raimunda (Penélope Cruz), her sister Sole (Lola Dueñas) and Raimunda's 14-year-old daughter Paula (Yohana Cobo) visit their home village of Alcanfor de las Infantas to clean the tombstones of their dead parents, who died in a fire four years earlier. They also visit the home of their aunt, Tía Paula (Chus Lampreave). The aunt is living in the past and knows only Raimunda. They stop by to visit a neighbor, Agustina (Blanca Portillo), who looks after Tía Paula and whose own mother disappeared the day Raimunda's parents died.

The women return to Madrid, where they live. Raimunda's husband, Paco (Antonio de la Torre) attempts to molest Paula, who kills him with a knife. He claimed she was not his daughter. Raimunda later confesses this is true and that Paula's real father is dead. Raimunda must hide the crime and dispose of the body. Opportunity knocks; a neighbor is leaving town and asks Raimunda to look after a nearby empty restaurant.

Tía Paula dies and Raimunda cannot go to Alcanfor de las Infantas because she must hide the body of Paco in a freezer in the restaurant. A film crew is looking for meals and Raimunda opens the restaurant and runs the place with help of her neighbors.

Sole goes to Alcanfor de las Infantas for Tía Paula's funeral. Neighbors claim to have seen the ghost of Irene (Carmen Maura), Raimunda and Sole's mother. Sole finds Irene hidden in the trunk of her car and is unsure if she is a ghost. Irene stays with Sole in Madrid, helping to run a hair salon business inside her apartment. Paula also knows the secret; her grandmother has returned from the dead. The secret is kept from Raimunda, since she hated her mother. Irene hides every time Raimunda visits her sister.

Agustina has cancer and is dying, shows up in Madrid and visits with Raimunda. Agustina asks Raimunda to find out from Irene if she knows if Agustina's missing mother is alive. Raimunda thinks Agustina is crazy.

Raimunda literally buries her past, the freezer containing Paco, by a river near Alcanfor de las Infantas. Raimunda finally is told about her mother's return, but refuses to talk to her. Paula convinces Raimunda to reconcile with Irene.

Irene confesses that Tía Paula told her that Raimunda's father molested Raimunda and Paula is both the daughter and sister of Raimunda. When Irene found out the truth she went to confront her husband and found him in bed, asleep, with Agustina's mother. Irene burned down the hut, killing the pair, and went into hiding. Irene asks for Raimunda's forgiveness for not realizing she was being molested. Raimunda, Irene, Sole and Paula return to Alcanfor de las Infantas, a family once again. Irene is not a ghost, since ghosts can't cry. She will stay to take care of Agustina in her final days, the least she can do for killing Agustina's mother.

[Image] [Image] [Image] [Image]

Size matters.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [4.37 Gb]
Format : Matroska
File size : 4.37 GiB
Duration : 2h 1mn
Overall bit rate : 5 170 Kbps
Encoded date : UTC 2007-05-21 11:40:18
Writing application : mkvmerge v2.0.2 ('You're My Flame') built on Feb 21 2007 11:50:09
Writing library : libebml v0.7.7 + libmatroska v0.8.1

Video
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L5.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 8 frames
Muxing mode : Container profile=Unknown@5.1
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 2h 0mn
Bit rate : 4 315 Kbps
Nominal bit rate : 4 526 Kbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 544 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.35
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Resolution : 24 bits
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.271
Writing library : x264 core 54 svn-614
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:-3:-3 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=7 / brdo=1 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=2 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=3 / nr=0 / decimate=0 / mbaff=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=1 / bime=1 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=24 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=2pass / bitrate=4526 / ratetol=1.0 / rceq='blurCplx^(1-qComp)' / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30
Language : English

Audio
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Codec ID : A_AC3
Duration : 2h 1mn
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 640 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Rear: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz

Text
Format : UTF-8
Codec ID : S_TEXT/UTF8
Codec ID/Info : UTF-8 Plain Text
Spanish, English subs. DVD friendly. Easy to download in 2 days...

The space challenged could try this:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.37 Gb]

:icon_givebeer

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0441909/
FLL

Re: [REL] Volver (2006)

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Thanks idler!
I'll go for the AVI, the last DVD-sized mkv I grabbed was unplayable on my system :(
idler

Post by idler »   0 likes

FLL wrote:I'll go for the AVI, the last DVD-sized mkv I grabbed was unplayable on my system :(
Don't know wether this version has hardcoded subs...separate subs seem to be available only for a 2-cd-version...a lot of timemarks to edit :(
Oh, still working with Word 2 for DOS?
But they sell graphic chips for playing movies, nowadays! :eyecrazy
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   2 likes

idler wrote:
FLL wrote:I'll go for the AVI, the last DVD-sized mkv I grabbed was unplayable on my system :(
Don't know wether this version has hardcoded subs...separate subs seem to be available only for a 2-cd-version...a lot of timemarks to edit :(
lol
harsh but funny

i have had this movie for a while. it took a little search but i found my copy on an older drive. let me know if these subs work for you

Like this post to see ed2k links  [116.3 Kb]

:)
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

idler wrote:Don't know wether this version has hardcoded subs...separate subs seem to be available only for a 2-cd-version...a lot of timemarks to edit :(
Wordstar, actually. Though it ran better under CPM.
Opensubtitles has eight sets of 1cd subs for this movie, at least one will probably have the right timing..
idler

Post by idler »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote:let me know if these subs work for you
Affirmative, fits perfectly. This version is 6 min shorter than the .mkv, probably due to the PAL frame rate.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

:cool1 very good

:)
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   22 likes

The long-overdue quality upgrade! of this magical film.

So let's recuperate,
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0441909/
Raimunda, her daughter Paula and her sister Sole travel from Madrid to the windy and superstitious village of Alcanfor de las Infantas to visit the grave of their mother Irene, who died years ago in a fire with her husband. Then they visit Irene's sister Paula, an old senile aunt that raised Raimunda after the death of her parents that insists to tell them that Irene is alive and living with her; later, they go to the house of her neighbor and friend Agustina, who gives a support to Paula.

They return to Madrid, and after a hard day of work, Raimunda meets her daughter completely distraught at the bus stop waiting for her. When they arrive home, Paula tells her mother that she killed her unemployed father Paco, who was completely drunk and tried to rape her. While Raimunda hides his body, Sole calls her to tell that their beloved aunt Paula has died. The next morning, Sole travels alone to the funeral, and when she returns to Madrid, she finds her mother hidden in the trunk of her car. She brings Irene to her apartment, where secrets from the past are disclosed.

[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.84 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [103.3 Kb]

Don't go quietly into the night.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes