Scheduled outages

Problems, requests or comments regarding forums or the main site go here.
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: Scheduled outages

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

mimzy wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 6:59 pm Would be interested if other users are experiencing similar problems.
I am also interested; there is no point suffering in silence.

I have been using .COM both before and after eliminating uBlock Origin, and apparently also eliminating any issues I had with FLM. (However, I am having issues with other sites, because AdBlock Plus is not very effective at blocking ads. :( ) I did NOT make a comparison performance with the .NET version of FLM.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

I have always wondered about the difference between .com and .net for flm. I have also noticed the "submitted form was invalid" error, but I usually attribute it to some sort of timeout for writing a post. I get these errors with long posts that I spend too much time on. Simply refreshing (by hitting Preview) or resubmitting allows the post to go through.

I have however had issues accessing my PMs. Newer PMs load up fine, but those a couple weeks back that have long strings of messages attached to the same subject will not load. Strange as I can still export the collection to a csv file and load it up and read the messages that way (not as pretty).
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

I cannot reproduce the PM problem you describe. Did the problem occur after upgrade? What means that messages do not load? Can you see the messages partially or not at all?

There can be different issues, from errors when pulling data out from the database to bad HTML code that messes up the layout.

I am not aware of any issues right now, though.
pillowbaker

mimzy wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:34 pm I cannot reproduce the PM problem you describe. Did the problem occur after upgrade? What means that messages do not load? Can you see the messages partially or not at all?

There can be different issues, from errors when pulling data out from the database to bad HTML code that messes up the layout.

I am not aware of any issues right now, though.
The problem did occur after the upgrade, but I cannot say if it's due to it. What happens is, when I click on a private message that is a part of a string of conversations (with multiple replies), all under the same under the same subject, the page immediately goes to an error screen: "This page isn’t working www.first-loves.net is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500"

However, newer PMs as well as older PMs that are part of singular conversation with a unique subject title all load perfectly well. For example, all messages under the subject line "Re: sesame street" only load the http error screen, but those with unique subject line titles, such as "California is not in the United Kingdom" all load fine.

I can ask my PM buddy to see if the problem exists on his end. :) Thank you mimzy.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:21 am The problem did occur after the upgrade, but I cannot say if it's due to it. What happens is, when I click on a private message that is a part of a string of conversations (with multiple replies), all under the same under the same subject, the page immediately goes to an error screen: "This page isn’t working www.first-loves.net is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500"
I found the related error message, which says that the data contains unexpected   (non-breaking space) entity. I think the old messages were not properly converted when upgrading to new version. Since it is a private message, I won't take a closer look without your permission. I hope the problem won't happen with new messages.
pillowbaker

mimzy wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:46 amI found the related error message, which says that the data contains unexpected   (non-breaking space) entity. I think the old messages were not properly converted when upgrading to new version. Since it is a private message, I won't take a closer look without your permission. I hope the problem won't happen with new messages.
I don't mind, but I'll make sure to get permission from my PM buddy first (won't take long). I do appreciate your respect for privacy.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   3 likes

Good news (I hope)! Looks like I found the bug without having to look at your message. The function that renders ed2k links was called at wrong place and it added the   entities to XML data before it was converted to HTML. I suppose your PM did include an ed2k link.
pillowbaker

Some of them do, in fact! Perhaps not all, but those included in the string of PMs connected by having the same subject would also have the "message history" section that lists all conversations with that subject line and thus would include any random emule links. Perhaps it was PMs that had emule links that had the issue!

Whatever you did fixed the issue. Honestly, I have no clue what the technical stuff about &nbsps are. Thank you mimzy! I can focus on my PMs again! :D