[REL] Photographing Fairies (1997)

Rich

[REL] Photographing Fairies (1997)

Post by Rich »   14 likes

Photographing Fairies (1997)

[Image]
The true story of two English children who claimed they photographed fairies in 1917 produced two different movies in the late 1990s. Not as well-known as the earnest family drama FairyTale: A True Story, the English-made Photographing Fairies takes a much more adult angle on the incident. The film follows not the children, but Charles Castle (Toby Stephens), a young photographer who loses his beloved wife on their honeymoon.

A shell of a man through World War I, Castle rediscovers faith when he is convinced the fairy photographs have not been faked (in a superb sequence reminiscent of Blowup). Castle makes a pilgrimage to the site where he discovers--in another vast departure from the other movie--narcotic flowers and erotic fairies that dazzle his sprit. Ben Kingsley costars as the down-to-earth preacher set to make his town right again. This first film by Nick Willing (TV's Alice in Wonderland) is a rare undiscovered gem, trippy and elegant, that deserved a release in the U.S. --Doug Thomas
Probably not as cute as 'FairyTale: A True Story (1997)', but might be work a look ;)

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.09 Mb]

Rich :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119893/
Rich_Visiting

Re: [REL] Photographing Fairies (1997)

Post by Rich_Visiting »   31 likes

Rich wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:56 pm
Probably not as cute as 'FairyTale: A True Story (1997)', but might be work a look ;)
Couldn't have said it better myself lol, might be worth a re-watch all these years later...

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.56 Gb]
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Photographing Fairies (1997)

Post by ghost »   1 likes

One of our first releases in 2004. :o

Thanks for bringing this one back to my mind.