[REL] Here to Stay (1986 TV pilot) [USA]

Short films and movies available on-line at Vimeo, YouTube and similar sites can be posted here once they have an ed2k link.
Night457
Global Moderator

[REL] Here to Stay (1986 TV pilot) [USA]

Post by Night457 »   8 likes

Here to Stay (1986 TV pilot)
(And from the listing, it looks like this is ALSO KNOWN AS Around the Bend (1986).)

This one is strictly for fans of Heather O'Rourke, best known as Carol Anne from Poltergeist (1982).

This is the pilot of a sitcom that was not picked up, about a yuppie couple in Washington D.C. and their precocious 8-year-old daughter, played by 10-year-old Heather. They have overextended their finances, need a new nanny, and eccentric grandpa will work for cheap! Typical 1980s American comedy fare. Since this never became an actual series beyond this single episode, I am putting it in Shorts.

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPR8TeXS-cg

This is sourced from a 36-year-old videotape with all the quality you would expect from that! I boosted the audio a little and cropped off the distracting videotape tracking at the bottom of the screen. I am calling it "VHS" even though it could certainly be "Beta".

English language, 26 minutes:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [186.59 Mb]
pillowbaker

Re: [REL] Here to Stay (1986 TV pilot) [USA]

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Thanks for the TV pilot, Night! I'll give it a try. I can tell just by the screenshots, the total atmosphere of 80s and early 90s sitcom style! I remember these. Never heard of this potential show, though.
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Here to Stay (1986 TV pilot) [USA]

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I never heard of this either, but for some reason I had Heather on my mind. I decided to look up what obscure things she had been in that I did not know about. There were a number of guest roles on TV series, but on this one she was the second-listed star.

And I just discovered this -- Either IMDB has another error, or "Here to Stay" is ALSO KNOWN AS Around the Bend.

It is an incomplete listing with the same writer, production company and star. The synopsis reads:
Up and coming Yuppie family deals with the stress of family life and working in Washington D.C. in overly demanding jobs. Situations. The daughter (O'Rourke) gets into interesting life situations, add to the comedy as the Yuppie parents try to juggle both worlds and multitask their way through life.
Maybe when the network(s) rejected the pilot, the producers tried using another name?