[REL] The Children’s Island (2017) short [France]

Short films and movies available on-line at Vimeo, YouTube and similar sites can be posted here once they have an ed2k link.
ghost
Site Admin

[REL] The Children’s Island (2017) short [France]

Post by ghost »   39 likes

It's not listed at IMDB, but I'll release it anyway. It seems, that the director has only a chanel at Vimeo.
https://vimeo.com/243909623
Drama, 43'35'', 2017.

After what they call "The Disaster", Lauryn (8 years old) and Camille (12) find themselves alone on the island where they had come to take refuge with their mother, now missing. Haunted by their happy or traumatic memories, the sisters wander in deserted landscapes, while fighting rages in the distance. Their meeting with two other orphaned teens will help them survive, and revive their faith and hope.

Children's Island is a singular film with simple and lyrical poetry, an ode to spiritual childhood.
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.60 Gb]
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] The Children’s Island (2017) short [France]

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I have stated my love of the postapocalyptic genre, so this definitely excites me!

The Children's Island [TV Movie] 2017
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

The Children's Island [TV Movie] 2017
Ooups! :shock: Thanks for finding, Night.

I am a bit confused, they call it a TV-Movie. It doesn't look like this.
Night457
Global Moderator

The entry does not give much information and sometimes IMDB is wrong, but it might have been broadcast on French TV. At 44 minutes it would then qualify as a (short) TV Movie. (By Academy, AFI, and BFI definitions, anything over 40 minutes qualifies as a feature film.)

For all I know, there could be someone at FLM who is an IMDB contributor, and quickly created the missing entry upon seeing your post!

My Google search of "patrick bittar" "the children's island" gives exactly 4 results, 2 on IMDB and 2 on Vimeo. That plus looking at the closing credits of the video, I have to agree with you that it DOES NOT look like something that was on television.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I have to agree with you that it DOES NOT look like something that was on television.
I would say it rather looks like some self produced stuff, but you never know...
Night457
Global Moderator

Yeah, it looks like Vimeo is the only release platform. But considering the garbage that shows up ON television, I have high hopes for films that stay OFF of it!
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Wow what a neat find, you guys. Screens do look like it might have been filmed on a nice phone or home digital camera. But I am interested in seeing something done differently. Thanks for sharing more unique and rare discoveries, ghost! (I am working on a large REL project that is almost done, btw, so I'll be contributing soon!)