[REL] La Tutora / The Tutor / Burnt Knees (2016) [Argentina]

ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] La Tutora / The Tutor / Burnt Knees (2016) [Argentina]

Post by ghost »   0 likes

You've never ordered anything from Amazon.de?
So you really ordered the DVD from Germany?? Didn't they have it in the U.S.?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

No, not at the time. Later (2019) it appeared on blu-ray from a small U.S. label I have never heard of, but I had just bought it a few years prior and wasn't about to buy it again!

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Tuto ... ay/241380/

There's lots of stuff that Germany had or has that the U.S. did / does not, though more often I imported from the U.K. Here is why Germany is often better:

Example: September 2019 Angel Heart 4kUHD in Germany uncut,
October 2019 the same in U.K., censored!
July 2022 it gets its U.S. release. Three years later. The U.S. can suck it. Why would I wait?

(Sorry I could not come up with an obvious FLM example!)

Back then international shipping was not bad, and from Germany it was cheap. Nowadays I don't really order internationally. The shipping can be nearly the cost of the goods!

I have also ordered from France, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Japan, Australia, Hong Kong, Korea, Brazil ... I am sure I must be forgetting something. Oh yeah, Canada! ;) Plenty of times it was NOT a mega-corporation like Amazon, which has certain built-in buyer protections, but it was always from established businesses. (Or from individuals on eBay, which also has buyer protection.)

I have never purchased anything directly from an individual (like a film director) outside of the framework of some established commercial entity. Though I do not remember if I was even aware that Ivan was selling them directly -- and I certainly did not have the bandwidth for downloads.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

There's lots of stuff that Germany had or has that the U.S. did / does not
I didn't know that. :shock:

Oh yeah! I remember Angel Heart wirh Mickey Rourke! This was one of my favourite movies many many years ago... :icon_old
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:29 pm I didn't know that. :shock:
Germans have no idea how priveleged they are in some respects! ;)

FLM-movie related, pretty much ALL of my original Swedish language Astrid Lindgren films on disc were acquired from Amazon.co.UK, Amazon.DE, and from Swedish retailers when I finally found ones willing to ship overseas! In the U.S. I could only get Pippi dubbed into English. I watched everything in Swedish unsubtitled instead.
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:48 pm
g2g2g2g2 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:46 am Has some one the uncut version in HD?
The 3.6 GB Version is cut at around 19:35 before Malena steps into the bathtube. The last steps were cut off

I found this uncut version in lower quality:

https://streamm4u.ws/movies/la-tutora-2016.oftdf.html
Thanks for the hint. I didn't know that it was cut. But it's only a short cut.
Quite an important cut though!
I checked my 1080p, 3.47gb copy from years ago and it's version of this shot is about 2 second long - only when the boy is in focus.
deadman

Post by deadman »   2 likes

Night457 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:25 pm You've never ordered anything from Amazon.de?

[Image]

https://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/The-Tutor-DVD/156413/

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Romina-Pinto ... uage=de_DE

Same company later released a blu-ray.
DreamScape wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:34 pm It was also possible to buy the BluRay of La Tutora directly from Ivan. In my experience, some of the versions listed on Amazon are censored.

I ordered my BD directly from Ivan's site during the brief period when it was on sale (I lucked out noticing it when I did). It would be interesting to know whether the disc being sold on Amazon is the same one. If anyone orders it, please let us know.

Night457 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:10 pmThere's lots of stuff that Germany had or has that the U.S. did / does not

I do remember trying to find the Chloe Moretz film Hick (2011) on blu-ray, and despite being an American production it is still not available in the US ... but there's a German edition. That's not the only time I've seen this. Just the only specific title I remember off the top of my head. For whatever reason a lot of movies not made in Germany are available there in blu-ray, and sometimes nowhere else. I wonder what quirk of international distribution created this situation?

Like you, I've ordered from most of the Amazons. Germany, the UK, Italy, France, Canada. And of course ebay. Swedish films are often only available from vendors in Sweden but there are a number of well established sites. Ordering directly from a small studio is a crapshoot. The disc might never arrive, or it might be low quality. No guarantees. Shipping though ... you're right, that's been going up like crazy! In some cases it more than doubles the cost of ordering an item internationally.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

deadman wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:21 pm I ordered my BD directly from Ivan's site during the brief period when it was on sale (I lucked out noticing it when I did). It would be interesting to know whether the disc being sold on Amazon is the same one. If anyone orders it, please let us know.
The U.S. release by Meridian has a Noel Films logo on the back and claims "Original Director's Vision - Unrated & Uncut." It has the Making Of featurette and the director's commentary. It may not be the same disc master, but it looks like it should be at least the same version of the movie. But I only have your 20Gb uploaded disc so I don't know for certain.
For whatever reason a lot of movies not made in Germany are available there in blu-ray, and sometimes nowhere else. I wonder what quirk of international distribution created this situation?
I am assuming it is BECAUSE different rights holders have distribution in different territories. The smaller American owners may lack the competence or resources to manage home video releases. If a foreign distributor seeks out titles from another country, they likely have the motivation and ability to fully exploit its potential earnings, both theatrically and for the home. It is because a lower budget film got sold overseas that there is a release. "Blonde girl from 'Kick-Ass' in another movie carrying a gun? Ja, we'll buy it!" It works on both sides of the Atlantic. Way back in the olden days, low budget producer Roger Corman in the U.S. would buy the American distribution rights for little-known genre films from Western Europe or the Soviet bloc, re-edit and dub them, and turn them into drive-in successes in America. Dude knew his audience.

There is also the factor for some movies that what is shocking and controversial in the U.S. will not make anyone bat an eye in Germany and other European countries. The big studios with the distribution connections won't touch those properties, or will try to bury them if they happen to get stuck with them.
lunastar2021

Post by lunastar2021 »   0 likes

wow really a good film was very pleasantly surprised
Davros6

Post by Davros6 »   0 likes

Are the screenshots from the web-dl?
I drink therefore I am
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

deadman wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:21 pm
I do remember trying to find the Chloe Moretz film Hick (2011) on blu-ray, and despite being an American production it is still not available in the US ... but there's a German edition. That's not the only time I've seen this. Just the only specific title I remember off the top of my head. For whatever reason a lot of movies not made in Germany are available there in blu-ray, and sometimes nowhere else. I wonder what quirk of international distribution created this situation?

Like you, I've ordered from most of the Amazons. Germany, the UK, Italy, France, Canada. And of course ebay. Swedish films are often only available from vendors in Sweden but there are a number of well established sites. Ordering directly from a small studio is a crapshoot. The disc might never arrive, or it might be low quality. No guarantees. Shipping though ... you're right, that's been going up like crazy! In some cases it more than doubles the cost of ordering an item internationally.
I do think it has to do with Germany always having had many & strong small and big distributors. And generally a fairly healthy, wealthy film industry (domestic films even get a ton of funding from the state/government).

Although I’m also always perplexed by which titles get a BluRay release and which ones don’t. That highly critically acclaimed show? Nope, let’s release Sharknado on UHD Bluray!

:D