[REL] Comedy Queen (2022)

ghost
Site Admin

[REL] Comedy Queen (2022)

Post by ghost »   23 likes

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15255958/
Sasha (charismatic newcomer Sigrid Johnson) is 13-years-old and wants nothing more than to become a stand-up comedian. She wants to make everyone laugh, especially her father (Oscar Töringe) who cries in the shower when he thinks no one is listening. For Sasha, shedding tears is not an option, as she refuses to mourn her mother, who recently passed away.

So, she secretly writes a list of everything she has to do to survive and not end up like her mother. First, cut off her long hair, second, stop reading books, next never take care of another living thing, which means saying no to the world’s cutest puppy, and above all - become a Comedy Queen.

Along the way, Sasha can count on the support from friends and family, even if they can’t always understand her humour.

Based on the acclaimed children’s novel of the same name by psychologist and author Jenny Jägerfeld, this sensitive, bittersweet and captivating coming-of-age tale from director Sanna Lenken (Thin Blue Line) demonstrates how to transform grief and anger into humour.
[Image]

Trailer:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.80 Gb]

English subtitles:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [63.7 Kb]

The subtitles are machine-translated, but Google really did a great job this time.
Nasuada

Re: [REL] Comedy Queen (2022)

Post by Nasuada »   0 likes

This Movie winning the Crystal Bear from the Child Jury at the Berlinale. I was a bit disappointed about that decision, because in my eyes it was not the best one this year. My favorite was (and still is) "A quiet Girl aka An Cailín Ciúin".

What I didn't like:
- Some parts where a bit to simple with no consequences for the girl and that don't happen only at the beginning of the movie (who we learn that her mother is died)... It's on the whole movie
- All pupils accept her changes without any commen. Just two girls who are so typical "bitches"
- I missing some more emotional parts. I remember me only on one part with a little flashback who we can see how Sasha is hearing from her mothers dead. Ok and at the end there was one more...
[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Thank you ghost!
ghost wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:34 pmsaying no to the world’s cutest puppy
:wow :icon_wink
The subtitles are machine-translated, but Google really did a great job this time.
I too noticed this week on a couple different movie subtitles that suddenly Google Swedish-to-English seems to have improved tremendously. Maybe it was all the use I gave it that motivated them to hire more Swedes to make improvements?
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

I think the movie was done pretty well. It's about suppressing grief and how this can break you. To me, the emotional parts are quite present. The young actress was acting relly convincing.

And sorry, NIght457: I forgot the warning about the puppy. :lol: