[REL] Let the Right One In (2022- ) TV series

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: "Let The Right One In" TV Series coming to Showtime later this year

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Sorry, I was not trying to make you sad!
Harry789

Post by Harry789 »   1 likes

For all those who like the movies, I recommend reading the novel "Låt den rätte komma in" by John Ajvide Lindqvist.
[Image]
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   1 likes

Harry789 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:57 pm For all those who like the movies, I recommend reading the novel "Låt den rätte komma in" by John Ajvide Lindqvist.
[Image]
Read it.

It will be interesting to see if the series follows the book more than the movies. :think What both films only hinted at, the book makes clear as day:
Spoiler:

Eli is NOT a girl. Not figuratively [because she is an immortal vampire and no longer human] but actually LITERALLY: She never WAS a girl. She was a boy that was castrated, then turned into a creature of the night.
I enjoyed the novel enough; I mean it's well written and all [the English translation I read, at least], but I was a little annoyed at certain aspects the movies chose to change. Irrelevant stuff is no problem, but MAJOR plot points... :wall It's not like the book is a thousand pages: It was a relatively quick read and I'm sure the omitted parts could have been written in with only another 10 mins or so added to the film's runtime... :think

Anyway, great book; but [as usual] after reading you'll view the movies differently, hopefully not any less... ;)

This and the serialization of 'Interview With a Vampire' are two upcoming mini-series I'm looking forward to watching. :heart

kev.
Night457
Global Moderator

kev wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:14 am It will be interesting to see if the series follows the book more than the movies. :think What both films only hinted at, the book makes clear as day: [SPOILERED]
I have not read the book but I have seen both movies, in sequential order. I think the first movie makes it pretty clear (in the dark cinematography, that is) but it freaked people out and they could not believe what it seemed to be indicating.

The American version said "Oh HELL no, we aren't going THERE!" It just dropped that plot point.

With recent social developments in the U.S., there is a good chance they will not only include it now, but focus on it. Over and over again, maybe even ad nauseam. And some people will be offended (or at least pretend that they are) and turn the series into yet another social political talking point. There will be politicians campaigning on this show, squawking about the end of western civilization! Lovely.

My 2¢

(Yes, I stayed deliberately vague to avoid spoiling it for those who have not seen or read it.)
Harry789

Post by Harry789 »   1 likes

Who wants to know how the story with Oskar and Eli continous: read the book "Let the old dreams die" by the same author.
But do not be dissappointed: it is only a short story written from a different point of view.
deadman

Post by deadman »   1 likes

Well here it is everybody. The show premieres in just three weeks, on October 7th. Showtime released a trailer:

Night457 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:41 amThe American version said "Oh HELL no, we aren't going THERE!" It just dropped that plot point.

With recent social developments in the U.S., there is a good chance they will not only include it now, but focus on it.

I think you can rest easy. Although author John Ajvide Lindqvist (who wrote the book) consulted on the production it takes a somewhat different direction than the original story. The man with Eli is her actual father. She was turned only ten years ago by a vampire thousands of years old, who they are pursuing. Apparently there's a cure but it requires the original sire. Makes sense if you're going to do a series there has to be a larger goal/threat beyond just the story of the girl and her new friend. I imagine when the ancient vampire realizes someone is following him he will start hunting for Eli and no one around her will be safe.

In the two previous movies when Eli said she wasn't exactly a girl, I think she meant it in the sense that she wasn't exactly human. Not that she was a boy.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks, deadman! Looking forward to it.
Night457
Global Moderator

Good news, thanks deadman!
deadman wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:32 pm I think you can rest easy. Although author John Ajvide Lindqvist (who wrote the book) consulted on the production it takes a somewhat different direction than the original story. The man with Eli is her actual father. She was turned only ten years ago by a vampire thousands of years old, who they are pursuing. Apparently there's a cure but it requires the original sire.
Ahhh ... so she will be sucking dry a new little boyfriend every week ... or at least just leaving a trail of broken hearts ...
In the two previous movies when Eli said she wasn't exactly a girl, I think she meant it in the sense that she wasn't exactly human.
In the American version that is my interpretation exclusively. In the original, because of the SPOILER plot developments, I would just have to give it a dual interpretation.

It is perfectly legitimate that the TV series chooses to be its own thing and follow different directions.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   2 likes

Well.. It has arrived! :heart :heart :heart

So far as I can tell they are releasing one episode a week. :evil:

Two are available atm. I found their torrents uploaded to The Pirate Bay:
https://thepiratebay.org/search.php?q=L ... 0&orderby=

I got episodes 'One' and 'Two' and am in the process of uploading them to Ulozto.net. Once they've uploaded I'll post the links here. (Hell, they're probably already available on eD2k but since I STILL can't access my eMule machine I can't tell.) :roll:

So I guess the best bet is do a search on eMule and possibly find the links there [and then kindly deposit them here :P ]. OR; you can check back here each week and I'll post the Ulozto.net links as I get each new file uploaded. :thumbsup

Ulozto.net links:
Episode 01: "Anything for Blood"
https://ulozto.net/file/U7t7J5b714uI/le ... keYwt0Mt==

Episode 02: "Intercessors"
https://ulozto.net/file/oUKzYgqGXZBW/le ... EbGJR5Zt==

Episode 3: "Broken Glass"

Episode 04: "Outings"

Episode 05: "Quoquo Modo Necessarium"

Episode 06: "Stargazers"

Episode 07: "More Than You'll Ever Know"

Episode 08: "Or Stay and Die"

Episode 09: " "

Episode 10: " "

(The files are small, but the quality is good: 1920×1080 :bigups )

:think Hmmmm...

Since this appears to be an 'informational' thread and NOT an 'Official' [REQ]; whomever comes up with the eD2k links first can create the [REL] thread for this film. :cool

(Or, ya know, the um, ya know, um Admin's could, ya know, um well, ya know, go ahead and, ya know, like um, ya know, CHANGE the um, ya know, uh 'Thread title' so um, ya know, like uh, ya know, it can be like, ya know, like all like an 'Official' like, ya know, um [REL]. Ya know... ;) ) (( Or the OP could do it. It's all good. Ya know. :P ))

kev.
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REQ] Let the Right One In (2022- ) TV series

It looks like someone changed the thread to make it a [REQ]uest. I sort of remember that if ed2k links are posted then the thread magically converts overnight to a [REL]ease. It is probably automated and done when the board refreshes. Not really sure. :ugeek:

I do my best to develop threads with as much discussion as possible BEFORE any videos are posted, so I am glad that now we are keeping it all in one place.