[REQ] Valentina (2016) [Germany]

Any documentaries about children can go here.
Rich_Visiting

[REQ] Valentina (2016) [Germany]

Post by Rich_Visiting »   2 likes

Valentina (2016) [Germany]

[Image]
A slum in a Romani neighbourhood. Ten-year-old Valentina invites us to meet her family. What follows are bizarre anecdotes, daydreams and documentary observations - a film as lively as its roaming heroine.
Valentina lives among her extended family in the poor quarters of a Roma neighbourhood in Skopje, Macedonia. The ten-year-old girl is a tomboy and a highly gifted storyteller. To its charismatic heroine, the film is a roaming companion. Via quirky anecdotes, surreal daydreams and painful memories, Valentina introduces us to her family: we observe her father Asim collecting bulky rubbish, her mother Naile begging, her sister Ramize braiding hair, her brother Ferdi who is full of mischief and her granddad who can only think of cigarettes and who sometimes flies into terrifying rages.

In Valentina, filmmakers Luise Schröder (screenplay, cinematographer) and Maximilian Feldmann (screenplay, director) strike a wonderful balance between narrative focus and apparently incidental observations, bringing us closer to a distant world (or the other way around) in tranquil black and white.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5291702

*deletes Rich waffling on*

She is so reserved while the guy is there, but then when alone has so much fun, a beautiful glimpse provided by the film maker, beautiful :heart

http://www.maximilianfeldmann.com/valentina/

Rich :)
Last edited by Rich_Visiting on Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich_Visiting

Re: [REQ] Valentina (2016) [Germany]

Post by Rich_Visiting »   0 likes

What is the song? Thanks :cool
Rich_Visiting

Post by Rich_Visiting »   1 likes

BumPing to top, c'mon guys let's find this?
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Rich_Visiting wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:24 am BumPing to top, c'mon guys let's find this?
Already tried - no success. :(
Rich_Visiting

ghost wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:26 am
Rich_Visiting wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:24 am BumPing to top, c'mon guys let's find this?
Already tried - no success. :(
Thanks anyway ghost :cry:
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

I always appreciate it when you or others necrobump an old thread, because it draws attention to something I may not have heard of yet.

:cool1
Rich_Visiting

Night457 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:37 am
I always appreciate it when you or others necrobump an old thread, because it draws attention to something I may not have heard of yet.

:cool1
Does a 2 day bump count as necrobumping? :lol: But don't, I've been penalised from several other forums for necrobumping, good to see FLM members appreciate it 8-)
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Rich_Visiting wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:40 am Does a 2 day bump count as necrobumping? :lol: But don't, I've been penalised from several other forums for necrobumping, good to see FLM members appreciate it 8-)
Look again: 1 day and 25 minutes!

Honestly, I was teasing you. I do not have time to search for all the interesting movies you bring to our attention, but THIS one I DID look for ... and found a big fat NOTHING. Oh well. Your lack of patience I found a little amusing though.

I do not understand the supposed hostility to necrobumping. While some things are forgotten because they SHOULD be forgotten, many things are forgotten just because humans have short memories. If someone is still not interested, a single post after 10 years should not disturb their equanimity. If it does, then they should consider going offline for good and spend their time meditating on a mountaintop. There are thousands of movies that have been Released here before my time, and I will never read about them unless someone decides to remind people that they think they are worthwhile. Of course it helps if they can provide a link to an upgrade, but I have FOUND upgrades as a result of necrobumping. I will not look for a movie if I don't know it exists. I know, crazy lazy there.

So go ahead and shake that rump and do that bump, baybee!
Rich_Visiting

Night457 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:58 am
Rich_Visiting wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:40 am Does a 2 day bump count as necrobumping? :lol: But don't, I've been penalised from several other forums for necrobumping, good to see FLM members appreciate it 8-)
Look again: 1 day and 25 minutes!

Honestly, I was teasing you. I do not have time to search for all the interesting movies you bring to our attention, but THIS one I DID look for ... and found a big fat NOTHING. Oh well. Your lack of patience I found a little amusing though.

I do not understand the supposed hostility to necrobumping. While some things are forgotten because they SHOULD be forgotten, many things are forgotten just because humans have short memories. If someone is still not interested, a single post after 10 years should not disturb their equanimity. If it does, then they should consider going offline for good and spend their time meditating on a mountaintop. There are thousands of movies that have been Released here before my time, and I will never read about them unless someone decides to remind people that they think they are worthwhile. Of course it helps if they can provide a link to an upgrade, but I have FOUND upgrades as a result of necrobumping. I will not look for a movie if I don't know it exists. I know, crazy lazy there.

So go ahead and shake that rump and do that bump, baybee!
I know :bigups btw in the end we are on the same page :heart Peace :)
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Available streaming for those with qualifying library cards or university logins:
https://www.kanopy.com/en/product/5622141?vp=hplca

This seems to be primarily US-based, but perhaps other international school systems qualify. Maybe someone here has an eligible library card?

This old Reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladviceoff ... rary_card/
says this:
The public libraries of Broward County, FL, and Campbell County, KY, both offer free digital library cards to anyone in the US.