[REL] Standing Up (2013)

Sully23

Re: [REL] Standing Up (2013)

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

deadman wrote:This is definitely one of those movies that would've benefited from being filmed in France. Same cast. Just a little change of venue. :mrgreen:
And some more skin

Warg, Analisse looks beautiful with glasses, that retro 80's type becomes fashionable again and if I were Howie, the lucky one was lucky to find her in the cabin I would know how to hang out together
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote:
deadman wrote:Analisse looks beautiful with glasses, that retro 80's type becomes fashionable again ...
I was in my teens and early twenties in the 80es and the only person with that big glasses I can remember is Elton John ... :mrgreen: :lol:
Sully23

I do not know if you were in your teens Warg, if you did bullyng the '4 eyes' if you did bullyng girls like Grace, because in my case I would pick up a delorean and fall in love with redheads using Elton john glasses

[Image]
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote:I do not know if you were in your teens Warg, if you did bullyng the '4 eyes' if you did bullyng girls like Grace, because in my case I would pick up a delorean and fall in love with redheads using Elton john glasses
I actually always liked girls with glasses - but not with clowns acessoires :?. Big glasses are a nerd / misfit stereotype especially in US movies.They are applied to obviously good looking people to convince the audience "ugly" people (= misfits) deserve affection too and are generally (!) treated in an unjustified way. The thumbheaded viewers who fall for this cheap sentimental trick are simply made to project their own negative feelings on others. The situation becomes not better but worse. Conscient manipulation of the masses is always evil. And political correctness works the very same: divide et impera ... :ugeek:
Sully23

Warg wrote:
Sully23 wrote:I do not know if you were in your teens Warg, if you did bullyng the '4 eyes' if you did bullyng girls like Grace, because in my case I would pick up a delorean and fall in love with redheads using Elton john glasses
I actually always liked girls with glasses - but not with clowns acessoires :?. Big glasses are a nerd / misfit stereotype especially in US movies.They are applied to obviously good looking people to convince the audience "ugly" people (= misfits) deserve affection too and are generally (!) treated in an unjustified way. The thumbheaded viewers who fall for this cheap sentimental trick are simply made to project their own negative feelings on others. The situation becomes not better but worse. Conscient manipulation of the masses is always evil. And political correctness works the very same: divide et impera ... :ugeek:
You made me remember a case of the USA youth tv series if you are smart or you wear glasses you are nerd but in truth it seems outrageous the beauty is beyond a sneaky glasses
Zorijer

Post by Zorijer »   0 likes

deadman wrote: Annalise Basso.
She is lovely. According to IMDB she wasn't quite 13, though. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1905042/lo ... ming_dates

Also wanted to thank you for your uploads' quality and options, I've been downloading a lot of them.
lunastar2021

Post by lunastar2021 »   0 likes

very good
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

deadman wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:43 am This is definitely one of those movies that would've benefited from being filmed in France. Same cast. Just a little change of venue. :mrgreen:
And in the 70s/80s :D or do you think the French still do MUCH more free films than others these days?
marvingray

Post by marvingray »   0 likes

Wow, I just saw this trailer randomly playing on Kate Maberly's IMDB page and realized I have to watch it immediately. The girl in this film really looks like she could be her daughter.
goku33 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:40 pmAnd in the 70s/80s :D or do you think the French still do MUCH more free films than others these days?
Probably much more rare these days, but things go in and out of taboo with time. I remember in the 80s and 90s it was an obsession with kids and drugs thanks in part to Barbara Bush hardcore pushing that message. Cultural shifts seem to dictate what the edge is as far as films can go. Something super tame imo like Cuties which didn't show anything more than you can see in 5 minutes of browsing TikTok shook people to their very core, meanwhile the Professional was a top 100 IMDB movie. It's hard to say what exactly makes these things come under scrutiny, but as long as we are knee deep in the "groomer" obsession things will likely remain pretty tame. However, there are exceptions like viewtopic.php?f=26&t=12234&hilit=paradize this movie Paradize 89 which is a relatively recent release from 2018.