[REL] Sayyedat al-Bahr (2019) [Saudi Arabia]

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Sayyedat al-Bahr (2019) [Saudi Arabia]

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:27 am eMule's file information said 60 fps (I don't know why :think ) and I didn't check it again when the download was complete.
That's weird. If you are talking about Right-click/Details/Content, I have never seen any Video or Audio information for any file I check, including complete ones, including these. My guess is you must be using something other than what I use for an emule client and that your client actually reads a file and gives you some information! If that is the case, it shouldn't surprise me if that information changes when the file is complete.
Many people use HandBrake for decoding videos. Its default framerate is set to 30 fps and people just click "start" and don't change it back to the original framrate of the source file.
Aha! I always wondered how non-deliberate frame rate changes get introduced. I would not dare deliberately change a frame rate unless I knew what I was doing and knew what the results would be. (Such as an industry professional converting a 24fps movie to a 30fps NTSC DVD.) It seems super-obvious to me that the DEFAULT should be "same as original source", and someone who knows what they are doing should change it if they want to! Wikipedia says Handbrake "was originally developed in 2003 by Eric Petit to make ripping DVDs to a data storage device easier." OK, I guess I understand the reason for the original HandBrake default value, but not the reason why it has not been changed. I don't use HandBrake much but I know it does more than just rip DVDs. Frame rate is part of basic mediainfo that it ought to be able to read from the source and use as the default, so if it rips an NTSC DVD it would still default to a 30fps result, and a PAL to a 25fps. I need to talk to those volunteer developers, I guess.

I wish I could comment on the movie this thread is about but I have not watched it yet. :oops:
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

[Image]

And it only shows half the length of the film. Weird!

Frame rate is part of basic mediainfo that it ought to be able to read from the source and use as the default, so if it rips an NTSC DVD it would still default to a 30fps result, and a PAL to a 25fps.
Yes, you're absolutly right, The default settings should be "same framerate as source file", but it isn't. :(
Night457
Global Moderator

Wow, I only have Comments/Content/eD2K Links in eMule v0.50a, and you have all that other stuff! I will have to look up your client software the next time I connect to you.
ghost
Site Admin

I am using the eMule v0.50a SBI Leecher mod for some years now. I don't really "leech" with it, but it has some nice extra features.
Night457
Global Moderator

So, ghost, I guess you chose that mod because it has "spooky mode"!
Night457
Global Moderator

Because of ghost's observations about the jerkiness of the [30fps] video shared by Kissonline, I went back to ok.ru to look at the video there that is the same version. (Linked in a previous post.)

I was surprised to discover that [30fps] video actually has optional English subtitles, under Settings. So it at least makes it a reasonable streaming choice for those who can not emule.

I checked out the other videos too. This one does NOT have English optional subtitles, but supposedly is in 24fps [EDIT: downloaded as 25fps], so maybe it won't have jerkiness:

https://ok.ru/video/3825611180733

Every streaming video looks jerky to me, so I would have to download it and watch it carefully to know for certain.
ghost
Site Admin

Night457 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:16 pm So, ghost, I guess you chose that mod because it has "spooky mode"!
I won't comment on that. :icon_sleep1 ........... :lol: