[REL] Papa est parti, maman aussi (1989)

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Papa est parti, maman aussi (1989)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Thank you ghost! I had finally downloaded deadman's PAL.DVD.iso to sync it with subtitles, even though I own the physical DVD. It was easier than ripping the disc myself. However, I sort of expected you would end up enhancing the video ... I am very pleased I was correct.

I had machine-translated the French to English but had not even looked closely at the results. Yeah, that is an awful lot of talking in a film! Thank you so much for taking on all that work yourself! :mrgreen:
ghost wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:46 pm There is sooo much talking in this movie...
Spoiler:

They beat you, Night457 ;)
Spoiler:

BWAA HAAAA HAAAA!!! :icon_biggrin2

Actually, I am not at all a talkative person. I just am able to WRITE a lot. :geek:
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Wow, thank you once again ghost! An upscale, French subs and now translated English subs! Love this place!

Did you translate every line yourself? I notice you said "they" in your spoiler tag; was this a group effort? Either way, thank you so much, I've been excited for this movie.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Did you translate every line yourself?
Yes, I had to.:( The machine translation wasn't satisfying at all.
I notice you said "they" in your spoiler tag
Oh no! This was just a litte joke between me and Night457... :lol: Just ignore it.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:27 pmI notice you said "they" in your spoiler tag
ghost wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:42 pm Oh no! This was just a litte joke between me and Night457...
Spoiler:

Some people may have noticed that I am capable of looooong posts. "They" the French characters in the film, were more verbose than even I am.
I know, explaining a joke loses the humor.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:04 pm
pillowbaker wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:27 pmI notice you said "they" in your spoiler tag
ghost wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:42 pm Oh no! This was just a litte joke between me and Night457...
Spoiler:

Some people may have noticed that I am capable of looooong posts. "They" the French characters in the film, were more verbose than even I am.
I know, explaining a joke loses the humor.
Well in that case. :lol: :D :lol:

Guess I should have figured, but at the expense of lost humor, I still like to know everything in front of me. Anyways, I am quite impressed with your translation so far! I had no idea you were this adept in French also! Do you use machine translation as a backup for vocabulary or wording?

Spoiler:

Sorry, as you can tell, I can be nosy for someone so reclusive.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I am quite impressed with your translation so far!
Do you use machine translation as a backup for vocabulary or wording?
I 'google-translated' the subtitles using SubtitleEdit and then checked every single line for mistakes. So I had a kind of backup ;)
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:05 pm
I am quite impressed with your translation so far!
Do you use machine translation as a backup for vocabulary or wording?
I 'google-translated' the subtitles using SubtitleEdit and then checked every single line for mistakes. So I had a kind of backup ;)
I've not watched it ever - so will try and watch it this week - listen to see if it makes sense. I can always check it using that app I used to translate those 2 or 3 french films I did. I didn't think you did translation projects too Ghost?!
David32441

Sometimes when people add subtitles here they appear as a file to immediately download I think? Any chance somebody could do that?
I can't seem to get that tiny 100kb file to download on our usual client! Thanks in advance!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

ghost's September 28 English subtitles:
Papa est parti, maman aussi (1989).720p.zip
You will need to extract it with 7zip, Winrar or the like.

You would think that subtitles would sneak in quickly in between emule video downloads but sometimes they perplexingly take awhile. I have my eMule client load all downloads in Paused mode so I often force it to work on the subtitles first! But if you are able to get ghost's video it would download eventually.
David32441 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:39 pm Sometimes when people add subtitles here they appear as a file to immediately download I think?
That is called an "Attachment" in posting lingo. To do this with your own subtitles: When posting a Reply in Full Editor mode, scroll to the bottom and click on "Attachments", then "Choose File", "Add the file", and "Place inline".

There is a size limit, so I zip almost all my subtitle attachments. (Sorry, you can't post whole movies as an attachment. :o ) If I provide subtitles for someone else's movie, I always post them as attachments. They are here forever without my needing to share them in emule, and no one has to request a reshare of a piddling little file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David32441

Thanks, that was super quick. As you say you're normally online! But maybe I thought only admins could add attachments here? But I didn't have the file to post it here of course. Yeah, heard of attachments, emails have them. Been using email 30 years or more!