[REL] At Play in the Fields of the Lord (1991)

Rich

[REL] At Play in the Fields of the Lord (1991)

Post by Rich »   15 likes

At Play in the Fields of the Lord (1991)

[Image]
Martin and Hazel Quarrier are small-town fundamentalist missionaries sent to the jungles of South America to convert the Indians. Their remote mission was previously run by the Catholics, before the natives murdered them all. They are sent by the pompous Leslie Huben, who runs the missionary effort in the area but who seems more concerned about competing with his Catholic 'rivals' than in the Indians themselves.

Hazel is terrified of the Indians while Martin is fascinated. Soon American pilot Lewis Moon joins the Indian tribe but is attracted by Leslie's young wife, Andy. Can the interaction of these characters and cultures, and the advancing bulldozers of civilization, avoid disaster?
Not too sure about this one, I watched it a long time ago :?

Some other movies Amazon advertises with this one...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... 41-0965668

Like this post to see ed2k links  [635.83 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [662.00 Mb]

Rich :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101373/
ital

Re: [REL] At Play in the Fields of the Lord (1991)

Post by ital »   0 likes

Some more details:

An American Indian stuck in a small town in Brazil decides to get back to his roots by joining a tribe in the Amazon. Around the same time, a missionary family sets up camp nearby, wishes to convert the "savages" to Christianity. Can they "civilize" the natives before a greedy man opts to bomb them for their land..., or will the newer tribe member complicate the issue, knowing the "evil" of the White man? An epic brought to us by Hector Babenco, which will probably be a hit or miss with you. Niilo Kivirinta stars as the missionary family's son; he is only present for about a third of the film but has a significant role.

Rated R: adult themes; sexual themes; violence; profanity; moderate nudity; brief sexual scenes
Language: English (also some Native Brazilian Indian) (with English subtitles)
tattoogimp

Post by tattoogimp »   0 likes

I have just found this film posted on USENET. I would post the NZB file to enable you to get it but I am unable to attach it.

However if you can get usenet it has just been posted to alt.binaries.dvd also whilst you are there check out alt.binaries.movies.thelostmovies for some very nice (on topic) movies...
rongers

Post by rongers »   0 likes

(direct download links deleted by admin... only allowed when there is no eMule source!)
Quickone

Post by Quickone »   3 likes

Rich wrote:At Play in the Fields of the Lord (1991)

[Image]
Martin and Hazel Quarrier are small-town fundamentalist missionaries sent to the jungles of South America to convert the Indians. Their remote mission was previously run by the Catholics, before the natives murdered them all. They are sent by the pompous Leslie Huben, who runs the missionary effort in the area but who seems more concerned about competing with his Catholic 'rivals' than in the Indians themselves.

Hazel is terrified of the Indians while Martin is fascinated. Soon American pilot Lewis Moon joins the Indian tribe but is attracted by Leslie's young wife, Andy. Can the interaction of these characters and cultures, and the advancing bulldozers of civilization, avoid disaster?
Not too sure about this one, I watched it a long time ago :?

Some other movies Amazon advertises with this one...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... 41-0965668

Like this post to see ed2k links  [635.83 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [662.00 Mb]

Rich :)

Boy movie mostly I think Hannah has a scene in here as well though. I think I own the VHS of this. It's to bad it never went to DVD.
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

D/D links to this fully sourced release need removing.

lb
zebra

Post by zebra »   0 likes

loverboy in a cd please Language: English (also Some Native Brazilian Indian) (with subtitles Français)
user123

Post by user123 »   38 likes

There is a HD version (720p) of this movie now, with much better image quality:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [4.04 Gb]
SUBS: Like this post to see ed2k links  [156.7 Kb]

I have uploaded it to Uloz now: (the mkv with the English subtitles included instead of a separate srt file)

https://ulozto.net/file/NlGSNtIbmcBT/at ... d-1992-mkv

IMDB link already posted
Sensitive Content: https://sensitivecontent.info/movie.php?id=227

[Image]
Last edited by user123 on Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
To download files I shared on uloz use my username user123_ and my password Abc12345678 - please don't change it
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Thank you user123! I have heard of this but had never seen it, now I can check it out.

On a side note, I find it very funny reading old posts and seeing how this site used to be fanatical about deleting direct-download sources once a movie was enshrined in the holy eMule pantheon. What a bunch of crackpots! Unclench! ;)
user123

Post by user123 »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:53 pmI find it very funny reading old posts and seeing how this site used to be fanatical about deleting direct-download sources once a movie was enshrined in the holy eMule pantheon. What a bunch of crackpots! Unclench! ;)
Yeah I have seen it and I'm happy when sites are open and flexible about how and where people share content, and the more alternatives the more likely it will survive for longer time!
To download files I shared on uloz use my username user123_ and my password Abc12345678 - please don't change it