[REL] My Small Land (2022) AKA Mai sumoru rando

mimzy

Re: [REL] My Small Land (2022) AKA Mai sumoru rando

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:45 pm I think eMule needs an update.

Aren't you using 0.50a? The latest version is 0.60d. Not that it necessarily improves anything...
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Yeah, that's me! I was being a smartass. I am sure that in 2019 I installed 0.50a because it was "the final release" - from 2010 - and it was stable. (And I have an old computer.) I had to make sure that worked before going on to the emule fan community or any beta versions, and really I had to know how it was supposed to work before I could reasonably identify problems. This issue is weird but not a problem because I only noticed it this once. I just like mocking the fact that officiallly speaking, emule has not had updates in over a decade. I think that is fantastic.

I am sure there are useful tweaks in the later community-modded versions. Maybe if emule was constantly harassing me to be updated like all my other software I would have changed it.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Not that it necessarily improves anything...
That's what I thought too. I must confess that I'm still on 0.50a, because the mod I'm using wasn't updated anymore since many years.
Well, I'm pleased with this old version. If there should be remarkable improvements in the newer versions, pls tell me. ;)