[REL] Knock at the Cabin (2023)

ghost
Site Admin

[REL] Knock at the Cabin (2023)

Post by ghost »   1 likes

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15679400/
While vacationing, a girl and her parents are taken hostage by armed strangers who demand that the family make a choice to avert the apocalypse.
[Image]

kev
Site Admin

Re: Knock at the Cabin (2023)

Post by kev »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:25 pm https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15679400/
While vacationing, a girl and her parents are taken hostage by armed strangers who demand that the family make a choice to avert the apocalypse.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Based on the book (with a MUCH better title.. :think ) ' The Cabin at the End of the World ' by Paul Tremblay.

I listened to the Audio book presentation of this novel almost a year ago. When I saw the teaser trailer for this film, I thought it sounded familiar, but was confused by the title change. That is; the NEED that whoever was ultimately in charge felt that they HAD to change the name of the film from the cool sounding title of the book to the cryptic, not-even-a-complete-thought, title of 'Knock at the Cabin'....

Once you get into the book you find that the original title is an apt description of the whole plot of the story... :wall

Anyway, 'nuff bitchin' about something that is moot and unchangeable: I really enjoyed the book and look forward to seeing M. Night's interpretation; as I've read that he says that he deviates from the original story at times. (I'm kinda hoping that he makes one MAJOR change at the end because of my attachment to the character of Wen... [If you've read the book, I think you'll know what I mean.. :roll: ])

Looking forward to this one almost as much as I am for M3gan... :heart

Thanks again, ghost!

kev.
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   0 likes

It looks interesting but I'm not sure if it will be really good because it's a movie from M. Night Shyamalan. Well, some movies are really great from him, but there are also a lot of bad movies from himIf I take a look back on rotten... One of his latest move "Old" getting 50% Rotten. Glass from 2019 are 36% Rotten, Lady in the Water have 25% rotten (and yep, it was disgusting, only the OST sounds good) and OMG... The Happening was a real Desaster and yes, there is one more thing which was even worse... The Last Airbender (5% Rotten).

So, it's the same ever with movies from him. The Trailers looking very nice, but I will wait for critics and that's are rare, because I'm not a big fan from most of critics around movies.
[Image]
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   13 likes

kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Knock at the Cabin (2023)

Post by kev »   1 likes

I saw 'Knock at the Cabin' in the theater a couple weeks ago:

Good movie though plodding and didactic at times. While Kristen Cui as 'Wen' doesn't have as much screen time as I would have liked; she did a great job with her role. AND she lights up the scene when she's onscreen; ESPECIALLY when she giggles and laughs.. :heart :heart

She makes a stark contrast to Dave Batista in the role of the brooding, morose main character that permeates pretty much ALL of M. Night Shyamalan's movies. :wall (Seriously, M.: All hero's don't have to flaunt their darkness and weakness's so flagrantly in EVERY one of your movies.. :wall :wall )

While those familiar with M. Night Shyamalan's other films (IE: He LOVES to throw in surprising 'twists' to catch you off guard), the big 'twist' in THIS movie is one set up for those who've read the book.. ;) (Which I actually appreciated! :heart )

?
Spoiler:

The book ends with the entire premise STILL being somewhat ambiguous. However the movie pretty much lets you know the truth.. ;) While on the surface the film seems to be much more 'hopeful' than the book, the author, Paul Tremblay, feels the movie is actually 'darker' than the book in respect to what the future holds for the survivors. Read and watch (or watch and read [or just friggin' watch and enjoy the movie on it's own merits] :P ) and decide for yourself. :think
?

Thanks for your diligence in bringing a copy of the movie here so quickly, ghost! :thumbsup

kev.
c4po

Re: [REL] Knock at the Cabin (2023)

Post by c4po »   0 likes

Available in 720p, 1080p and 2160p as torrent here: https://yts.mx/movies/knock-at-the-cabin-2023