[REL] Un amour de pluie (1974)

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Un amour de pluie (1974)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

popdrome wrote:What's with the battery swapping? Don't you have power sockets in your neck of the woods?
What, don't laptop batteries die in YOUR neck of the woods? They just last forever? Oh wait, you are one of those "Progress" junkies who figures it is time to throw out the old laptop and upgrade when the battery wears out! :lol: Just kidding. Details here:
Spoiler:

Seriously, it was bad. I almost always use it plugged in, and it would drain rapidly if I did any video processing or intensive downloading and uploading. It would simply shut off if the battery got too low, even while plugged in. Finally it was displaying "100% available" charge even when it was clearly drained and shutting off every few minutes. It was DONE. All my computers before this one have been desktops. (If the power went off in the house, I was done playing on my computer immediately.) So this was my FIRST experience replacing a battery. I had to open it up to even see what exact battery I needed, of course. I pried that f*er open with a crowbar and practically stretched out the battery like clay getting the damned epoxy (?!) unstuck. (Do you know the SMELL of a damaged Lithium polymer battery is horrendous? I probably gave myself lung cancer from that. It had to be more than just the glue. Even inside a plastic box I could still smell it, so I had to take it outside.) Once I had the laptop taken apart, I was not putting it back together until I was ready to install the new battery, and Amazon's wonderful "Two Day Prime Shipping" actually stated it would take FOUR days, and really took FIVE -- at the end of the day after dark. When I finally discovered the frozen package, I had to let it unthaw. No sense having condensation develop inside the computer casing by having it warm up while sealed inside. What fun I had!
I'm sorry if it didn't play well. I can't think of a quick solution, although I could make a x.264 encode and post it on uloz but I imagine it will be large file size. Lemme know, my friend =8)
Nah, don't worry about it. If necessary *I* can recode it, as I have done before for problematic videos. Currently I am half done eMule-downloading it. I ditched the Uloz file, which is probably a corrupted download what with my problems.

Some posts back you had said you had NEVER had a complaint in 7 years about H265 files, so I was "complaining". Or as I call it, "constructive feedback." Most people around here do not complain; if they have a problem they say nothing and move on. I was mostly backing up the claim that sometimes H265 files are difficult to play. Even though I think in this case it was a corrupted download rather than a bad encode, I thought it worth mentioning.
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

LOL oh dear god what a CRAZY story you-Night-sir with a CROWBAR?? and YES I know the smell it reminded me of the time we had to spray the bottom of our boat with -something- I don't remember the word for the chemicals. but you have me laugh out LOUD, man. yes we have batteries here too maybe we are all waiting for Elon to come with a solution.. :icon_beergulp
Night457 wrote: Nah, don't worry about it. If necessary *I* can recode it, as I have done before for problematic videos. Currently I am half done eMule-downloading it. I ditched the Uloz file (...)
Hold on a second, you DITCHED my file??? NEVER in 25 years someone has ditched my file!

ok... Juuuuust kidding. I know I sometimes sound like a snobby ego-absorbed kid. By all means do whatever you want with my encodes, run it through winzip, winview, winplex, winshrink, rename it 10,000 times, give your friends a DIVX or a .avi or a whatever. I do not mind!

ALL I'm trying to do right now is getting a fricking internet connection and having my ports forwarded. THAT is hard enough for me considering my age and stress tolerance. :icon_old

Don't go quietly into the night.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

popdrome wrote:LOL oh dear god what a CRAZY story you-Night-sir with a CROWBAR??
I have two fullsize crowbars in the basement that do not get much use, as well as several smaller prybars. So why not? All of them nasty hard metal that you are not supposed to insert into sensitive electronic devices. I would not have to pry it open if they would just use screws on BOTH top and bottom of the computer, not just one side. But to be honest now ... I started popping it open by sliding my thumbnail along the edge, then later switched to gently using the tip of a letter opener. I know, bad. I did not have a special all-plastic computer-opening kit. The experts suggest something that "most everyone" has lying around the house, a guitar pick. Sorry, I am not one of the musicians in my family.
yes we have batteries here too maybe we are all waiting for Elon to come with a solution
If batteries are for cars then we should use 2-cycle black-smoke gasoline engines for computers. When you want to start it up you pull the starter cord.
Hold on a second, you DITCHED my file???
Chill, I am downloading the same file from another source! I would never dare give up on it! :P
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

popdrome wrote:Hold on a second, you DITCHED my file??? NEVER in 25 years someone has ditched my file!
My eMule download equivalent of the Uloz file that did not work for me at all has now finished. As I expected, your h265 file plays on my computer with pauses and glitches as pretty much always happens for me with h265/HEVC files. Through my blu-ray player it is PERFECT, no problems! Alright!

The enhancement looks great too! Thanks!

Just recently I found another file (another movie, another thread) I had direct-downloaded from another site was corrupted: it had added a few minutes runtime to the video! The version I got on eMule when someone Released it was perfect. Hmmm.

For both your movie at Uloz and the other movie at the other site I had used JDownloader 2 to download them. Looks like I need to uninstall and reinstall it, or if that does not work I need to ditch JDownloader 2 entirely and look for an equivalent free replacement. That's a shame because it works quickly on so many sites, but I just can not accept corrupted downloads! Does anyone have any recommendations for a good alternative?
If so, I created a new thread here: JDownloader free replacement?
goku33

Post by goku33 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:54 pm Thank you Tiny Blondie!

AKA "Love in the Rain"
A mother and her 15-year-old daughter go on vacation for treatment. The mother falls under the spell of an Italian, Giovanni, while her daughter falls in love with the hotel cook, Georges.
https://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefilm_ ... 30758.html

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

I can not find any biographical information on Bénédicte Bucher, who plays the cute daughter. I was surprised at how sweet and chaste the teen romance was, for a European movie from the 1970's. (Does that mean I have spent too much time wallowing in sleaze? :) )

Several torrents found, some of them live, and I used this one:

Code: Select all

https://www.limetorrents.pro/Un-amour-de-pluie-(1974)-DVDRip-[Rus--%20SV-Dubl%20-%20-Fra]-avi-torrent-14295334.html
File specification:
Spoiler:

General : Un amour de pluie (1974) DVDRip [Rus - 'SV-Dubl' & Fra].avi
Format : AVI at 2 241 kb/s
Length : 1.46 GiB for 1 h 33 min 7 s 520 ms
Video #0 : MPEG-4 Visual at 1 843 kb/s
Aspect : 656 x 400 (1.640) at 25.000 fps
Audio #0 : AC-3 at 192 kb/s
Infos : 2 channels, 48.0 kHz
Audio #1 : AC-3 at 192 kb/s
I was interested in the uncompressed DVD, but that torrent was DEAD DEAD DEAD!

There seem to be the same or similar files at Uloz, but I have not downloaded them:

https://ulozto.net/file/rwzy6TF2Dcwo/un-amour-de-pluie-1974-dvdrip-rus-sv-dubl-fra-avi#!ZJR1ZQR2AGAyMGV3AzL5ZwEwLzZ4Zz93L0DjnRWCIwAZZwEvAt==
https://ulozto.net/file/ZKoIooRMyyjP/brialy-1974-un-amour-de-pluie-mkv#!ZGp5AGR2ZGZmBQpkZmIwLGpjBGRkMSOdrKyeM2Z5nHIdAGt2ZN==
Choice of Russian dub or original French audio, with optional English subtitles:

Un amour de pluie (1974) DVDRip [Rus - 'SV-Dubl' & Fra].avi
Un amour de pluie (1974) DVDRip [Rus - 'SV-Dubl' & Fra].srt
Is that preview image a spoiler? :D :O
Night457
Global Moderator

goku33 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:32 am Is that preview image a spoiler? :D :O
Nah. Just a teaser, not a spoiler. Mildly kinky teen fun is a given for a movie like this. I would not give away any shocking revelations, and there aren't any to be had here anyway.
vlcsnap-2023-01-28-06h14m38s181.jpg
vlcsnap-2023-01-28-06h14m47s928.jpg
vlcsnap-2023-01-28-06h15m33s149.jpg
vlcsnap-2023-01-28-06h15m36s979.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:28 pm
goku33 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:32 am Is that preview image a spoiler? :D :O
Nah. Just a teaser, not a spoiler.

Lmao, thanks. For a second I thought she dies and lays in an open casket lol.

Night, I gotta say I’ve read many of your posts. You’re one hell of a genuine person.
Night457
Global Moderator

She LIVES and lays in an open casket, because teen girls do the strangest things. Her slightly necrophiliac (?) boyfriend finds this very sexy, I guess. Or maybe that overanalyzes it, and he was just taking advantage of her lying down, period.

I don't really care too much for the "Romeo and Juliet" romances where one or more of the lovers end up dead. They are unpleasant and absurdly overdramatic. Real romances blandly fizzle out, and people move on.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Oh wow another proclaimed FLM classic that I missed. Serious, this is so exciting! Thanks for the bump, goku, and for all the genuine discussion and masterful articulation, Night, and to popdrome, for the quality encode, wherever you may be.

Looking forward to the open casket funzies.
kast1j

Post by kast1j »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:54 pm Thank you Tiny Blondie!

AKA "Love in the Rain"
A mother and her 15-year-old daughter go on vacation for treatment. The mother falls under the spell of an Italian, Giovanni, while her daughter falls in love with the hotel cook, Georges.
https://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefilm_ ... 30758.html

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

I can not find any biographical information on Bénédicte Bucher, who plays the cute daughter. I was surprised at how sweet and chaste the teen romance was, for a European movie from the 1970's. (Does that mean I have spent too much time wallowing in sleaze? :) )

Several torrents found, some of them live, and I used this one:

https://www.limetorrents.pro/Un-amour-de-pluie-(1974)-DVDRip-[Rus--%20SV-Dubl%20-%20-Fra]-avi-torrent-14295334.html
File specification:
Spoiler:

General : Un amour de pluie (1974) DVDRip [Rus - 'SV-Dubl' & Fra].avi
Format : AVI at 2 241 kb/s
Length : 1.46 GiB for 1 h 33 min 7 s 520 ms
Video #0 : MPEG-4 Visual at 1 843 kb/s
Aspect : 656 x 400 (1.640) at 25.000 fps
Audio #0 : AC-3 at 192 kb/s
Audio #1 : AC-3 at 192 kb/s
I was interested in the uncompressed DVD, but that torrent was DEAD DEAD DEAD!

There seem to be the same or similar files at Uloz, but I have not downloaded them:

https://ulozto.net/file/rwzy6TF2Dcwo/un-amour-de-pluie-1974-dvdrip-rus-sv-dubl-fra-avi#!ZJR1ZQR2AGAyMGV3AzL5ZwEwLzZ4Zz93L0DjnRWCIwAZZwEvAt==
https://ulozto.net/file/ZKoIooRMyyjP/brialy-1974-un-amour-de-pluie-mkv#!ZGp5AGR2ZGZmBQpkZmIwLGpjBGRkMSOdrKyeM2Z5nHIdAGt2ZN==
Choice of Russian dub or original French audio, with optional English subtitles:

Un amour de pluie (1974) DVDRip [Rus - 'SV-Dubl' & Fra].avi
Un amour de pluie (1974) DVDRip [Rus - 'SV-Dubl' & Fra].srt
I'd be grateful if anyone could share this please