Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.04 Gb]

Matching English subs:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [59.5 Kb]
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Ba-Bi AKA Barbie (2011)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

WANT NOW!

Topaz, yes? What source file and where found? (If not previously mentioned.)

There have been so many versions flying around I am dizzy.

Thank you so much!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Topaz, yes. Now it's crispy ans sharp :)

Source was the 720p file from uloz with Korean hardsubs. I even tried to remove them, but it looked awful. So I kept them.
Night457
Global Moderator

Yes indeed from the screenshots it looks amazing! I see that you are still trying for that other 720p eMule file as I am, and that now it is up to a whopping 24.7% If the source keeps coming back and we finish the file by the end of the year, will you then Topaz that one too, or do you think this is the end? I doubt it could get any better. And yes, I can imagine that subtitle removal looks bad unless you put other hardcoded subtitles on top. Then it's alright.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I see that you are still trying for that other 720p eMule file
No, I cancelled the download now.
Night457
Global Moderator

Yay, I finished it!!!

The previously-discussed "720p and with English and Spanish softcoded subtitles" eMule link posted by ghost on October 12 has now downloaded complete for me! Others gave up (including ghost), but I stuck with it for over 2 months. My eMule Temp folder finally got emptied (until I logged in today).

This now makes 5 complete versions of "Barbie" that I am sharing on eMule. This one does look really good, although I prefer ghost's RELease of his 1080p uprezzed version.
alexdupre

Post by alexdupre »   1 likes

Can't believe she did that type of movie that young.. So sad to see her doing the regular child star "destroy your career with substance abuse".. DUI and killed a person.. Sad!
Night457
Global Moderator

alexdupre wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:25 pm DUI and killed a person.. Sad!
I agree it is sad and it makes me angry at her, but I don't find it surprising ... for a celebrity or anyone else 21-22 years old in a drinking culture! However, I can not find any information about her having killed anyone! Where did you see this? There is the DUI which resulted in a fine of 20 million won ($15,000), which is probably not much for her. She crashed into a transformer and caused a power outage.

This English-language Korean news article talks a bit about how nowadays DUI offenders are seen more as "potential murderers":
https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/20 ... 39987.html

Much as I despise drunk driving, I consider it an abuse of language to call someone a murderer if no one died and they were not trying to kill anyone. She needs to get straightened out BEFORE she kills anyone, which is very easy to do even sober in a car. If publicly shaming her and making her career suffer accomplishes that, then good! If I saw her working an ordinary job as a cashier in a grocery store, I would happily buy food from her without treating her any differently than anyone else. I can forgive!

But I suspect that in Korea as in other countries, celebrity career damage is not permanent, despite the hyperbole of gossip "news" sites.
Davros6

Post by Davros6 »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:43 am
She crashed into a transformer
I do hope it was a Decepticon and not one of the Autobots
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I drink therefore I am
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

LOL, good one Davros6! That may be my first laugh today. Thank you!